As seen on TV

Heads !!!!

For those of you in the UK who have been watching that X-factor rubbish on the telly, you may have seen a familiar face.

The girlfriend of Steve (the winner) has been on screen quite a bit. Some of you may recognise her as Eileen Hunter who was the club entertainer on the Pride last year.

Phil

Hi Phil

Just posted a reply to you on the Looking for contact thread.

Thank Heaven for Sky+. After reading your post, had to record X-Factor and played it back real fast to find the bits where Eileen appeared. Hope she doesn't let Steve's success interfere with her own career. She's a really fantastic performer and I often listen to her CD. I also treasure the pictures I have of her with Jaimie as well as one of her with me outside the Magellan.

Thank you for that Phil, although in the past eighteen months we have been on all three ships, we haven't come across Eileen, but I am a hugh fan of the X Factor ( or rather was) also Strictly Come Dancing, and thanks to Sky+ can record both programmes at once to watch at my leisure, and not have to inflict either on my husband! Will certainly be watching out for Eileen in the future,although I doubt she will be on our next cruise on the Spirit in March.

Thanks Phil, reading your post let everything drop into place, we knew we had seen her somewhere but there was no link to Seabourn so we completely missed it. As soon as I read it I shouted YES that's where we have seen her!

She was great, especially at Liar's Club!! Good luck to them both, we were behind Steve from the auditions so hope he does Seabourn with Eileen, that would be worth seeing!!!!! We were told Seabourn were only booking duets now so that is probably the only way we will see her again.

Daneite

Thank you for that Phil, although in the past eighteen months we have been on all three ships, we haven't come across Eileen, but I am a hugh fan of the X Factor ( or rather was) also Strictly Come Dancing, and thanks to Sky+ can record both programmes at once to watch at my leisure, and not have to inflict either on my husband! Will certainly be watching out for Eileen in the future,although I doubt she will be on our next cruise on the Spirit in March.

Seabourn are doing the duo thing now and aren't hiring any solo club entertainers. When I was last on the Pride we had Alison and David who were really good and I think the duo thing works much better.

Strange thing with Eileen is that she is way more talented than Steve and yet he is the one who gets the x-factor, not that there was any doubt he was going to win though as he is managed by Simon Cowell who also happens to own the show.

http://www.garyparkes.com/pno_voc/eileen_hunter.htm if you want to know more about her.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add to the above, I agree that Eileen is hugely talented. I have known her since she was an undergraduate student and, while she has always had the "X factor", she has certainly developed as a musician and singer. I have long predicted that she would make it as a jazz singer and I am confident that her forthcoming album will establish her as a major talent. For more about Eileen please visit my website: www.beinghappy.info

Archived