$$$ of Jenny Craig vs. NutriSystem

Cruisin250

I know that Nutrisystem just cost me $293. for 5 weeks ( with both programs you still need to add fruits, vegetables, and dairy products). I signed up for the auto delivery which means in another 5 weeks I get another shipment, but I can cancel any time after that. I've been on it for 10 days and have lost 6 pounds, my husband has lost 8. And the food is very good! Good luck.

Bruz,

My husband needs to loose a good deal of weight and thinking of Nutrisystem. My concern is over the long term that could get quite expensive. I am curious, do you guys count calories or does the system do it for you. Does your husband feel deprived of food... I would love to hear more about the program and your thoughts.

Anyone know the costs of these programs? Pros and cons of both??

Just looking for options.

Hi I have been on both.... I love the food on Jenny and loved checking in weekly.

The cost of food very very expensive.. And there is also a start up fee. It usally runs (after you pay inital fee) about 500. a month and thats with watching what you order.

I joined Nutrisystem 1/2/08 I have lost 12lbs. I love the fact that they count calories for you.. You dont have to think about what your going to eat. You grab your food add in a few fruits and veggies a little potien and you are set for the day. Like I said there is no thinking. Its pretty much all done for you..

It cost me the first month under 300.00 that was for 5 weeks of food. Averages around 300.00 a month. I love it and think its very much worth it.. If you send me your e-mail address I can send you a couponfor 30.00 off your first order!! Let me know if you have any other questions. Oh yeah it is free shipping and has great online support

I signed up for the auto delivery, so it was just under $300...after three deliveries ( I believe) you get an additional discount on the auto delivery price. I was on NS for three months, and lost approx 50 lbs. Unfortunately I could not keep up the cost of the food, and went off the program. However, even if you can not continue for more than a few months, you DO get the benefit of learning healthy portions and what you should be consuming, and what foods work with others (ex. pairing a carb like fruit with a protein like cheese or yogurt) for the most calorie burning efficiency. And it gets you in the habit of drinking LOTS and LOTS of water!!! I say if you can do Nutrisystem, GO FOR IT! (Oh, and the little cute beanie bears that you get for every 10 lbs you lose are SUPER cute, and a great motivator!)

I started Medifast three weeks ago. I lost 8 lbs the first week, 1.5 the second and 3 the third. You eat five of their supplements a day (shakes, soups, oatmeal, bars, etc.), whichever you choose, and one meal of a lean protein and vegetables that you prepare yourself per day. I have been on many diets and this one has been the easiest and most satisfying so far. They have a website where you can order the food.

Archived