MSC - Splitting Adjoining Family Bookings

alanwexford

We booked two adjoining balcony cabins on for a family cruise on the MSC Splendida.

Our cabins were assigned to us and listed on the travel agents orginal booking deposit and the final invoice, which we paid last february.

Tickets arrived last week and we are now several cabins apart.

Rang the travel agent and he knew nothing about it, he had not been informed by msc. He rang the uk and head office in Italy and they said they could do nothing about it now as its too late, we are sailing out of Barcelona on the 26th April.

Surely it's not our problem they issued the tickets too late or failed to inform us of the cabin change???

They also told him, that they had no more adjoining cabins even though i have just found three pairs on a live search on a higher deck.

I think the very least they could do is move us up to these cabins as it's a family booking.

Or maybe we should ask for on board credit or a drinks package? what do you think?

Anyone else had or having same problem?

Yours is at least the third family I have read about on the MSC board who have had their cabins separated. At least you remain on the same deck which others have not. One poster went higher and higher up the food chain to get it resolved. Another was unable to fix the problem and instead came onto the board getting very nasty and abusive to everyone who posted. If you found cabins on a live search I wonder if there is a way to put a 24 hour hold on them and then have your TA try to switch you during business hours? I would not hold my breath about them offering you an upgrade to the higher cabins but hopefully your TA can put some pressure on them, especially if you have a hold on cabins that would meet your needs. Good luck!

Archived