Spa Room on the Dream

kimma11

We are going on the Dream in May in a spa balcony!! :) We have 3 people in the cabin. I know only 2 receive the spa perks so we have already purchased a 3rd spa package for the week. But I still have a few questions for the wise people on this board.

1) Will the room have 3 robes since we bought a 3rd package? If not can we ask for a 3rd one?

2) I heard the shampoo and conditioner are really good in the spa rooms, but with 3 girls in the room will we have enough product for 7 days? Should we bring our own?

3) We were going to do the spa tour on embarkation day. Will the specials that day be better than what is online already?

thank y'all for answering these questions. This is our 2nd cruise and we are so excited!!! Now if the days would just pass quickly.

First off, I think you are going to love the Dream spa use (Thalasso pool, hot/cold rooms).

1. - I'm not sure but you can probably get a 3rd robe by asking your steward. I know you can do this in a regular room.

2. It's great stuff. My wife loved it so much that we have been buying it (shampoo and conditioner) for home ever since. And no way will it be enough for 3 women. I'm not sure if they will give you more if you run out.

3. There will probably be better deals on board. Depending on how many people book they will offer specials rather than sit around with nothing to do. We have found some of the best deals are on port days.

I have found the best deals to always be on port days. Check out the flyers in your room after dinner and see what they are offering the next day. Changes daily. My favs are the 3 treatments in 1 specials. Usually around $100. One time we couldn't decide, asked if we could add in a 4th and they only charged us like $15 for the 4th treatment.

Do be aware that with the complimentary evaluations - they are sales tactics and my last spa room, every time I walked through the spa they were jumping on me to see if I was ready to purchase any of the products recommended. If you aren't truly interested in purchasing various spa products, you might want to skip the complimentary evaluations.

Make sure that all of you go do the spa tours on embarkation day and go back for the Spa drawing right around Sailaway time. They give some good prizes away but you have to be present to win something. I won a $100 spa gift certificate. You will love the Spa Balcony cabin. I spent a lot of time in there and it was just me, my daughter and her friend so with 3 females I took all my showers in the spa. The showers there are really large and nice and you have plenty of room. I took a small bag with me to carry my stuff with me so I could get ready and do my hair there.

I am just home from the Dream in a spa balcony. We did enjoy the spa and visited it several times during the trip. A couple things to note -

They only give you one loofah and body scrub. We thought that was pretty odd. We had two cabins - wasn't a problem for my husband and I since I'd be the only one to use it, but our other room was my mom and aunt; they both wanted to try the scrub. We asked for another at the spa desk but they told us just one per cabin so I guess they expected them to share a loofah? So the three of you will be expected to share one as well. :o No choice of 8 different scrubs as advertised either - you just get what they hand you. Also you just get one small travel size bottle of Elemis shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and lotion so no way that will be enough for three of you for the week. We didn't ask for any more of that though so maybe your steward would get more for you.

There isn't a schedule of the complimentary classes, but we asked - the yoga classes are at 8am and pilates is at 4:30pm on sea days only. The one day we tried to go to yoga, the instructor cancelled because of a back issue so I can't comment on the quality of the class. Also if you want to do the complimentary body composition testing, book that on the first day - we were told they were already booked up when we asked about it.

The showers in the spa area are very nice; there are two private showers in the dressing room and also two "open air" showers in the area of the steam rooms to rinse off with your swimsuit on. I rarely saw anyone using either. The hair dryers up there are WORLDS better than the ones in the cabin so that's worth the trip in itself. There is a back hidden staircase from the Deck 11 spa cabins so you don't have to walk through the main spa entrance in your robe, which is nice.

A minor annoyance is the fact that you have to check in with the spa desk and hand over your card for them to keep every time you want to use the spa. Sometimes it was busy with others booking and checking in for spa appointments. I don't know why they can't just make the spa stateroom keys work for the spa areas also. :confused:

The spa as a whole is definitely in need of maintenance but it functioned well enough for us to enjoy. If you have any other questions, let me know! I'm planning to work on a review soon.