Smoking policy question

its_my_dime

While we have never smoked, we notice that Silversea has a custom built special Humidor room on its ships. They carry Cuban cigars, all sorts of brands that we don't understand, but you can smoke in there to your full content, and the smoke will be well ventilated out, such that nobody else will notice! Hope this helps.

Smoking is allowed in one side of each bar, and the pool deck. Nearly every officer smokes. And, because there are so many Europeans, I saw many more people smoking than I am used to seeing in the U.S. I don't recall seeing anybody smoke in the dining rooms. It is my guess (though I am not certain) that it is not allowed in the dining room.

Smoking is also allowed on the outside deck at the rear of the Terrace Cafe and IIRC the similar deck outside the Panorama lounge. On the pool deck, they put "no smoking" signs on the tables on one side of the pool and ashtrays on those on the other side.

While we have never smoked, we notice that Silversea has a custom built special Humidor room on its ships. They carry Cuban cigars, all sorts of brands that we don't understand, but you can smoke in there to your full content, and the smoke will be well ventilated out, such that nobody else will notice! Hope this helps.

I remember walking through the WHISPER's otherwise empty cigar room during the daytime and being amazed by the total absence of a smoky smell. Silversea obviously has a great ventilation system, and the staff must scrub the place down every day.

On two WHISPER cruises, I was never bothered by smoke anywhere on the ship, so I don't think smoke is likely to be a problem for nonsmokers unless the International Alliance of Tobacco Aficionados is having a convention on board.

I noticed on my last Silversea cruise (Silver Whisper) that there was an area at the back of the showlounge where smoking was allowed.
On our last Whisper cruise (March/April), smoking was not permitted in the show lounge.

Archived