Freeport Buses??

grandebarca

Not exactly a cruise question (though we've certainly cruised to Freeport many times!!) but I figure I would post at Cruise Critic since I've reached a dead end in my googling and posting at another travel forum (and cross-posting this copy/paste style from the other forum :) ). Hope the mods are okay with this.

I'm spending a month in Freeport at the Tyne Beach Terrace Condos which is right on East Palm Beach and about 3/4 mile south of the Polaris Rd Stop N Shop. I have found zero info online regarding bus routes in this part of Freeport.

Does anyone know if there are bus routes that run from downtown or from Lucaya to my general area or close to the Stop N Shop? The aerial imagery from google maps looks like a bus stop is situated in front of Stop N Shop but it's hard to tell as there's no streetview.

My main goal is to be able to get to a bigger grocery store like Solomons or Sawyers/SaveALot for better/cheaper/more variety without dropping $30 round trip on a taxi every time (and troubling with tracking down a taxi for the return home) or renting a car just for a grocery run. We might rent a car some but really just want to hang out at the beach most of the time.

We're a family of five and plan on cooking at the condo for the most part other than some conch fritters/salad and ordering the occasional pizza or fried chicken. Family of 5 = lots of groceries. And I don't mind mingling with the locals on the bus and spending a couple hours on my town trip (I'll be on Island Time :) ).

Much thanks to anyone who can point me to more info on Freeport bus routes or even suggestions as to how I might investigate further.

Not exactly a cruise question (though we've certainly cruised to Freeport many times!!) but I figure I would post at Cruise Critic since I've reached a dead end in my googling and posting at another travel forum (and cross-posting this copy/paste style from the other forum :) ). Hope the mods are okay with this.

I'm spending a month in Freeport at the Tyne Beach Terrace Condos which is right on East Palm Beach and about 3/4 mile south of the Polaris Rd Stop N Shop. I have found zero info online regarding bus routes in this part of Freeport.

Does anyone know if there are bus routes that run from downtown or from Lucaya to my general area or close to the Stop N Shop? The aerial imagery from google maps looks like a bus stop is situated in front of Stop N Shop but it's hard to tell as there's no streetview.

My main goal is to be able to get to a bigger grocery store like Solomons or Sawyers/SaveALot for better/cheaper/more variety without dropping $30 round trip on a taxi every time (and troubling with tracking down a taxi for the return home) or renting a car just for a grocery run. We might rent a car some but really just want to hang out at the beach most of the time.

We're a family of five and plan on cooking at the condo for the most part other than some conch fritters/salad and ordering the occasional pizza or fried chicken. Family of 5 = lots of groceries. And I don't mind mingling with the locals on the bus and spending a couple hours on my town trip (I'll be on Island Time :) ).

Much thanks to anyone who can point me to more info on Freeport bus routes or even suggestions as to how I might investigate further.

U might want to post this on the TripAdvisor board, there are several locals that should be able to help

U might want to post this on the TripAdvisor board, there are several locals that should be able to help

I did that first and didn't get any helpful responses :) Basically ask a bus driver or our landlord. And buses are sketchy. And it's $1.25 and they go all over.

I saw your name there and it looked familiar (guess I've seen it here before!).

I was hoping someone can link to a bus route or map (even if it's just a written description). I found somewhere that said they have 9 routes in Freeport but can't find any info on them. I know they're semi-fixed routes in nature if it's like most other jitney/bus routes around the Caribbean.