food question

CRUISERG

i thought i read somewhere that you can't bring on food. i was thinking of sealed/packaged things like candy or fruit cup/applesauce - would they allow that?

I don't believe that you can, however my wife always takes dried apples, her Dr. advises that she have some each day, we have never had any trouble. john

i thought i read somewhere that you can't bring on food. i was thinking of sealed/packaged things like candy or fruit cup/applesauce - would they allow that?

If you are concerned about snacks for your family you definitly will not need any food on board. food is extremely plentiful for you and any young children who might need snacks. The only time you might need snack items would be when you are in port. Infact food is so abundant you may not awalys be hungry for the next meal. Often when you are in port you may return to the ship for meals.

Believe me you will be stuffed.

Bob P.

I'm Diabetic and always carry a supply of hard candy and special bars. All are sealed, right from the factory. I have never had it taken yet. It was inspected once but when the guy read the label, he said "Are you diabectic?" (Glucosime bar). Yes, I show my medic Alert and he let me keep it. The person behind had chocolate bars taken and tossed in the trash.

You can take just about anything on board. Where you will run onto problems is if you try to bring food back into the U.S. There are tighter rules and regulations that just aren't worth going through. So either finish it on the last night or leave it for the crew.

First, you can get fruit at anytime on the ship, so why bother taking fruitcups on? Room service will have lots of snacky things.

About bringing candy on board - I do this every cruise. I bring a big bag of the mini-bags of M&Ms, which I give to steward, room service person, waiters. Just a fun thing that brings smiles. Nobody ever said I couldn't bring candy on. Ridiculous notion.;)

Archived