Carnival Valor - 5 day fun times?

bkcoogler

Anyone recently sailed on the Valor out of Galveston on a 5 day? I've sailed on the Conquest (2012) and the Liberty last year. I was hoping to see some different shows and was curious what the entertainment may look like.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyone recently sailed on the Valor out of Galveston on a 5 day? I've sailed on the Conquest (2012) and the Liberty last year. I was hoping to see some different shows and was curious what the entertainment may look like.

Here's one from March but missing 1 day.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2472289&highlight=valor

Thanks! I found those after I had posted; however, to my understanding those were both prior to Playlist Productions being implemented on the ship. Hopefully over the next couple of months, someone will post a in-depth review with newer fun-times.

Out of my 5 Carnival cruises; I've yet to see a PP show and I'm excited for something a bit different. I know many people on here don't like the newer productions, but seeing all the different entertainment is one of my favorite parts of cruising.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! I found those after I had posted; however, to my understanding those were both prior to Playlist Productions being implemented on the ship. Hopefully over the next couple of months, someone will post a in-depth review with newer fun-times.

Out of my 5 Carnival cruises; I've yet to see a PP show and I'm excited for something a bit different. I know many people on here don't like the newer productions, but seeing all the different entertainment is one of my favorite parts of cruising.

I set sail in 17 days and will be writing a very in depth review for my cruise blog. We LOVE Playlist Productions! Great shows!

You can also see my past Valor cruise from Dec. 2016

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2017/01/give-me-liberty-or-give-me-valor_16.html

I set sail in 17 days and will be writing a very in depth review for my cruise blog. We LOVE Playlist Productions! Great shows!

http://chrisandkelliedavis.blogspot.com/2017/01/give-me-liberty-or-give-me-valor_16.html

Thank you!! I look forward to reading your review. Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got back from this cruise. Elegant night was evening number 2. We didn't see any of the shows. Overall, I wasn't as impressed with this ship as I was with the magic. It just seems chaotic. The food was better than the magic though.

The safety meeting was like a cattle call. They had us lined up shoulder to shoulder many rows deep on the 4th deck while they scanned everyone in. I have back issues and a recent fusion. Standing and waiting was very painful but I didn't report any mobility issues to the ship so I'm not sure if they would have made accomodations. The magic had us all meet in the dining rooms and it was much nicer.

On the last day of the cruise, they had a $10 sale of a bunch of items and spread them out on some tables in the lobby on 3. It reminded me of black Friday shopping. You had to fight to even see what was on the tables and stand in line forever to check out. If they didn't have some really nice pashminas I would have skipped it entirely.

Our room steward was okay. He asked us if we wanted morning or evening turn down and cleaning then proceeded to come on the opposite schedule I requested. On the magic, our steward came twice a day. Considering we booked a suite on the Valor vs a balcony room on the Magic, I would have expected better service on the Valor.

There also weren't as many whirlpools on the Valor and all the ones in the family area were super crowded. The majority of the time, they had the music in that area so loud it was hard to even converse with someone right next to you.

One of the few positive things I have to say is that the pools and whirlpools were open to their printed times unlike on the Magic where they shut the pools and whirlpools down sometimes as much as two hours early.

• 3 weeks later...

@toosaxykk I’m really looking forward to your review, when will you have it up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just go to back on Monday and I am finalizing the blogs now. Just editing the final touches! Should have it up and running by end of today or tomorrow. Plus I will reply to this post and start a new thread as well!

Thanks for following along!

We just go to back on Monday and I am finalizing the blogs now. Just editing the final touches! Should have it up and running by end of today or tomorrow. Plus I will reply to this post and start a new thread as well!

Thanks for following along!

Welcome back! Looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk