Car Hire in Tenerife

Freeman3030

Hi all,

I'm mid planning our Canary Island cruise and I'd really like to hire a car and drive to Mount Teide and just see where else the day takes us. I've read that 'Cicar' seem to be fairly reputable and also competitively priced. However, I can't find their location near the cruise terminal and having contacted them, the response I received was that their office is located at the same port. I've looked on Google maps and whilst it shows 'Cicar' as a location near the cruise terminal, when I look on street view, there's nothing to indicated where it is. I'd like to have a good idea before I go rather than getting there and not knowing where to go. Does anyone have any experience with hiring a car from them and are they easily accessible from the ship?

Many thanks in advance

We've rented from Cicar a number of times - sensibly-priced, decent cars, good service, none of the upgrade hard-sell that I tire of with rental agencies in the UK & US, and no scams on pre-existing damage, extras, fuel etc. I am happy to recommend them.

But we've never rented in Tenerife, that's been the turnaround port for our Canaries cruises.

I think they're in the main port building (put Cicar, Muelle Ribera, Santa Cruz de Tenerife into googlemaps), so you won't see them on streetview.

The building is very obvious, you pass through it to exit the port on foot & it has rooftop parking and a footbridge over the main road.

It's possible that they may simply have a desk/meeting point in the building, and they drive you to their town centre depot. When that's happened on other islands the return arrangements have been to return the car to the town office & they drive you back to your ship, or you leave the car at the port & put the key in a letterbox there.

We've never been let down.

JB :)