MSC price reductions

Cruisechik

In August we booked and deposited a "kids sail free" rate for a March cruise on Lirica. A couple of months ago, I noticed a military rate was available. Even though kids don't sail free on military rates, it was $250 LESS to pay for our child so we switched to a military rate. We also decided to upgrade our cabin since the rate was better than what we originally booked. To get the military rate, MSC required final payment even though it was not due until January.

Yesterday, I noticed the military rate went down $200. I called my TA and they called MSC for the rate reduction and MSC refused. They offered to consider an upgrade from a cat 9 to a cat 10 but later said it cannot be done because cat 10 cabins only caters to 2 passengers. My TA asked for a SBC and MSC said they don't do that.

Since I can cancel up until January and I can re-book, I'm puzzled why MSC won't honor this price reduction, it's not a new-booking rate. At booking, my TA said MSC honors all price reductions. My TA is upset that MSC refusing the reduction and said MSC will call me to explain. They have not yet called.

It is really inconvenient for me to cancel and re-book given that I have already paid in full. Any suggestions?

Your TA is the negotiator here, I doubt MSC will be phoning you directly. If you don't want the inconvenience of cancelling/rebooking then accept what you have, seems as if it's a good deal anyway.

[Outside the US none of this is an option... the price we book at is the price we pay on *any* line and if we mess around cancelling and rebooking the deposit is lost:( so no sympathy from here I'm afraid].

Archived