Maasdam to return to Port Alberni BC, Canada in 2019.

Alphen

I like the addition to the itinerary of cruising College Fjord, and it looks like the ship might also be cruising Tracy Arm Fjord, which wan't on the prior itinerary. Port Alberni sounds wonderful, especially cruising up the inlet.

Tracy Arm was on the original itinerary. On our sailing they've also changed the port order for that part. Previously it was Haines, Juneau, Tracy Arm / Kake. Now those have been pushed back a day and are Haines, Tracy Arm / Juneau, Kake / Frederick Sound.

• 6 months later...

Still looking for a replacement for the Boston to iceland and Greenland. Have looked at the 14 day from Seattle the last two years. Am going to check into this some more- I love the Fjords in Alaska and Norway- not many options any more for College Fjord.

Do they still have the food market with the goats on the roof? A bit east on the highway?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes they do. the area you are thinking of is Coombs, between the East side (Parksville) and the West side (Port Alberni/Tofino) of Vancouver Island on the Alberni Highway. The Alberni scenery is spectacular, you will see working logging operations through the Alberni Canal with log booms and fishing camps along the way. That is if you traverse in any daylight hours. Trip on the steam train to McLean Mill is very worthwhile.