Clarksons cruises any one remember

My first intro to cruising came back in the days of Clarksons about late 1960's early 70's,flew to Italy and boarded at Ancona,went on the Delos to Eastern Med,she was about 5000 tons,very basic,but showed me the delights of cruising,another ship they had I think was called Delphi? anyone remember those days?

Hi

Not cruising, but we went on Honeymoon to Sorrento in November 1972 with Clarksons.

5 days, Half board, all trips included and flights £16 each wow.

Hotel Flora in Sorrento.

They went bust soon after I think.

2012 we are celebrating our 40th Wedding Anv in the Carb'n, might get a bottle of wine for £16:)

Take it easy

I went to Austria in the year before they went bust. My 1st holiday abroad that wasn't a school one. Things must have been starting to go wrong then.

It was a great holiday apart from the fact that when I got to the hotel they were not expecting me. Luckily they had a lovely double room for me instead of the single I had booked.

Berwyn

• 7 years later...

This is pretty old thread I've just come across! I went on a Clarksons cruise on the Delos in 1971. Could have been the same cruise as you. We flew to Ancona and visited Dubrovnik, Mykanos, Istanbul, Athens amonst other places I can't remember. I think we may have stopped at Corfu, but I'm not 100% sure. I do remember going through the Corinth canal, with only feet to spare either side! I also remember rough seas one night with lots of people feeling rather unwell! I still have my photos. You are correct about the other ship. She was the Delphi and was quite a bit larger than the Delos. Happy days!

My first intro to cruising came back in the days of Clarksons about late 1960's early 70's,flew to Italy and boarded at Ancona,went on the Delos to Eastern Med,she was about 5000 tons,very basic,but showed me the delights of cruising,another ship they had I think was called Delphi? anyone remember those days?

I posted a reply, but didn't quote, so I thought I'd post this too, in case you didn't get a notification!