Does NCL offer a drink package for alcohol like RCI and CCL?

ripjerry95

Hi- I am wondering if NCL offers an alcohol package like RCI and CCL does. RCI offers 2 packages either 45 or 55 per day per person and CCL is 43 per day per person. But you have to buy for the whole week. I think it is worth the money but I was wondering if NCL does this as well? Thanks, Kim

Hi- I am wondering if NCL offers an alcohol package like RCI and CCL does. RCI offers 2 packages either 45 or 55 per day per person and CCL is 43 per day per person. But you have to buy for the whole week. I think it is worth the money but I was wondering if NCL does this as well? Thanks, Kim

Yes. It is called the Ultimate Beverage Package. It is $49/day + 15% grat. Must be purchased by the entire cabin for those over 21. Under 21 must by the soda package.

This program will be suspended from 3/1-4/15 due to spring break.

There is alot of threads on this board about it, if you would like more info!

Thanks I will look for the threads. Where can I find it on the NCL website?

You can't. The UBP just recently was introduced and being tested on different ships in the fleet. Because it tested well (I guess), NCL decided to make it fleet wide with the exception of the POA based in Hawaii.

Norwegian Cruise Line

drinks-package-ncl.jpgShips: Seen by Cruise Critic members on Norwegian Sun, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Epic, Norwegian Gem, Norwegian Jade, Norwegian Sky

Package Details: An NCL spokesperson confirmed the line is testing an alcohol-inclusive drink package on select ships for $49 per person, per day. Several ships are testing it at different times, and details are not final. Cruise Critic members are reporting that a 15 percent gratuity is added to the total package price. Their reports indicate that the “Ultimate Beverage Package” includes all house, call and premium beverages at bars, lounges and restaurants, and on the line's private island; wine by the glass up to $10; bottled beer priced under $5.50 and draft up to 16 oz., fountain soda and juices.

Fine Print: Only one drink is allowed per passenger per order. All passengers sharing a cabin or using the same payment method (i.e., kids you stuck in the inside cabin across the hall) must purchase the beverage package. For kids two and up, that means buying the soda package instead. The package does not include room service, super and ultra premium brands, wine or liquor by bottle, minibar purchases, freshly squeezed juice, canned soda or energy drinks, specialty coffee or bottled water.

do you buy it onboard or online?

Has to be purchased when you get to the ship. You have to purchase it for the duration of the cruise. If you purchase on Day 2 or 3, you still have to pay for the days leading up to the purchase with no adjustment for any drinks that you have already purchased.

Just off the Star .The package worked out well for us.It included most drinks,wine up to $9.95 per glass and most beers.It is annoying to have to sign for every glass but none of the charges show up on your bill unless you leave an extra tip.

This is new to NCL and they seemed to be figuring it out as they go along.The whole experience improved as the week went on with the bartenders and servers getting used to it.:) It included drinks such as Mudslides,Pina Coladas,Marguertias,Martinis made with house gin and vodka.The wine selections by the glass were pretty good too,that is mostly what I drink at dinner and into the night.

Archived