Carnival Horizon/Family Lounge Questions/Tween club

voltron1974

I haven't been on Cruise since 2015(2 nighter from NYC) and Carnival since 2012. Needless, to say I'm beyond excited about sailing Horizon Memorial day weekend.

For those that have sailed Vista, does anyone know if the breakfast buffet in the Family Harbor lounge includes smoked salmon?

I've read some reviews about noise on the Vista for those cabins situated under the galley. Is it really that bad? Generally, I sleep like a baby when I'm on cruise so I'm hoping I won't notice the noise. Additionally, this will be my first time with a balcony on a lower deck. What has your experience been like on the lower deck? Is there really any difference between lower and upper?

I'll be traveling with my 12-year-old soon to be 13. This will be his first experience in the tween club. He is quiet initially but very sociable when he feels comfortable. Can someone tell about their children's experience at the tween club?

TIA

I can tell you somewhat about the tween club. Go to the first night open house (just your kid, not you). The do ice breakers and stuff for the kids to get to know one another and they hand out a schedule of events. My son was a very old 12 (more like a 60 year old man!) and he found the group to be too young for him so he didn't go to any other activities but he still saw the kids around the ship and they would kind of flock to him all excited to see him and try to get him to join them in activities kind of like groupies! While he didn't join, the other kids were clearly having a great time together. They were also super respectful and not a mad herd of hooligans running loose around the ship Your kiddo will make friends easily if the make up of the group is anything like our cruise. Also, while there were organized activities, I wouldn't call them "supervised." The group leader was more like a facilitator.

I can tell you somewhat about the tween club. Go to the first night open house (just your kid, not you). The do ice breakers and stuff for the kids to get to know one another and they hand out a schedule of events. My son was a very old 12 (more like a 60 year old man!) and he found the group to be too young for him so he didn't go to any other activities but he still saw the kids around the ship and they would kind of flock to him all excited to see him and try to get him to join them in activities kind of like groupies! While he didn't join, the other kids were clearly having a great time together. They were also super respectful and not a mad herd of hooligans running loose around the ship Your kiddo will make friends easily if the make up of the group is anything like our cruise. Also, while there were organized activities, I wouldn't call them "supervised." The group leader was more like a facilitator.

I think he will like going to the open house alone. It will make him feel like a teenager lol. My son is 13 going on 10 so it sounds like he will have fun.

We too have a Family Harbor. From all I read it's good to have the lounge around, the food was great including sandwiches and snacks in the afternoon. Our cabin is an aft-extended balcony, which is under the back of the restaurant. No problems there.

If the cabin you have is in between the aft elevators and mid elevators, you are under the galley and it may get noisy overnight depending on what is exactly over you.

Regardless it's gonna be a blast.

I have some pics of the aft of the horizon in another thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2605240

I never really touched the kids aspect in my reply sorry. We have a 13yo boy and we are traveling with 2 other friends families. For a total of 4 kids.

They liked the club's when they were younger and we are hoping they do this time too. If not th eres plenty to do

I never really touched the kids aspect in my reply sorry. We have a 13yo boy and we are traveling with 2 other friends families. For a total of 4 kids.

They liked the club's when they were younger and we are hoping they do this time too. If not th eres plenty to do

I was thinking if he doesn't like the tween club, there is plenty for us to do on the ship. At his age, I can leave him in the cabin, if I want to explore the ship.

We too have a Family Harbor. From all I read it's good to have the lounge around, the food was great including sandwiches and snacks in the afternoon. Our cabin is an aft-extended balcony, which is under the back of the restaurant. No problems there.

If the cabin you have is in between the aft elevators and mid elevators, you are under the galley and it may get noisy overnight depending on what is exactly over you.

Regardless it's gonna be a blast.

I have some pics of the aft of the horizon in another thread

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2605240

I'm not going to worry too much about the noise. Sometimes you read the reviews and second guess your decision.

That's a great pic btw. I'm thinking I might switch cabins to the starboard side(??) if it's still available. I like being able to see the Statue of Liberty from my cabin.

I'm not going to worry too much about the noise. Sometimes you read the reviews and second guess your decision.

That's a great pic btw. I'm thinking I might switch cabins to the starboard side(??) if it's still available. I like being able to see the Statue of Liberty from my cabin.

Then you miss the Manhattan side hehe. That's why u need the aft! Just kiddin lol