Bruno's tour and Drift Snorkel at Taha'a

gtski

I have read both pros and cons regarding this day and the coral garden drift snorkel. Can anyone give their opinion of this day tour preferably taken this year in the winter/spring or 2013?

Many thanks!

gtski

We did this in April 2013. Bruno is very organized but he has lots of people and many boats that go out. We did pearl farm, lunch on a great island, vanilla farm (very nice people) and then the drift snorkel which was the highlight. You need flippers as you have to be able to steer and stay in the drift as you are very close to the high coral beside you. Even if you don't go on the drift the whole way you can start part way down as you walk up the shore to get to it and then you drift back to the boat. The snorkeling around the boat is wonderful.

We really enjoyed it but we are pretty good swimmers.

Our best snorkeling was with Christophe on Bora Bora.....Wonderful!!!!!!

Just stay away from Jean Pierre on Rangiroa. He is very disorganized. boats overcrowded etc. Took people without a reservation and left those with a confirmation email.

When I weighed a lot more than now I cut up my stomach a bit on the drift snorkel. The location is fabulous!

Bruno - most people like him - I caught him on a bad day.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I thought the drift snorkel was one if the highlights of the trip. We did it twice! Beautiful corals. If you follow the path of the guide, you should be ok. A few people got minor cuts, mostly on their knees. A little lime juice and they were fine. Even the people who got cuts went back to do it again.

Became good friends of Bruno when we were there often--even bought him a camera he needed for the tour a couple of years ago. Since Brunos English isn't the greatest some folks have a hard time with him. When we stop for lunch he has always sat with us after everyone else was seated--The last few times we were there he was giving the lecture on the black pearls (used to be done by someone from the pearl shop/home.)

Nancy:D:D

You don't go with Bruno for his personality, you go for his tour which is the best one on Raiatea/Tahaa. That's not to say he isn't nice, just a bit reserved and bland but he knows that area and takes wonderful pictures of everyone.

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody who already booked a tour with bruno fabre help me with this : I e-mailed L'excursion bleu and have us booked (4 persons) via his bookingform for his tour, got a reservationnumber but don't know how to pay (small deposit) him, i want to pay with credit card, no paypal because i do not have a acount of paypal.

Anybody can help me on that before i have to send out a e-mail to him (takes long before he aswers sometime e-mails get lost also). I have to pay a deposit to make sure we are on this tour, so please help me.

thanks a lot,

Linda

• 1 month later...

Archived