Proposing on Sensation

twisterd64

I am planning on proposing to my girl on our December cruise to the Bahamas. I have a couple ideas but also open to any suggestions. My 2 ideas are 1 to get a cake with her name and will you marry me written on it and have it delivered to us on formal night, and 2 to work with the dining room staff to propose to her during the evening entertainment on formal night. Since it is still July (almost August there is still time and I am open to any ideas. I want to be able to have video shot of it and I do not want to do it o deck (and risk losing the ring). I can't wait to see ideas and thanks to everyone for your advice.

There are many great ideas on other threads on this topic. I can't remember exactly how they were titled but they did have good ideas. Try searching "proposal" and congratulations. Wishing you many happy anniversaries.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I friend of mine got engaged during one of the shows. Her boyfriend had it planned with the cruise director. He called him up on stage and he had the mic walked back out to the crowd (she was in the front row) and proposed! They have it on video an everyone cheered when she said yes. The rest of the cruise people were coming up and congratulating them. Very cool!

I don't have any particular ideas but just wanted to say congratulations on your engagement! If you propose to her on a cruise ship your honeymoon must be on a cruise ship too!:cool:

I am planning on proposing to my girl on our December cruise to the Bahamas. I have a couple ideas but also open to any suggestions. My 2 ideas are 1 to get a cake with her name and will you marry me written on it and have it delivered to us on formal night, and 2 to work with the dining room staff to propose to her during the evening entertainment on formal night. Since it is still July (almost August there is still time and I am open to any ideas. I want to be able to have video shot of it and I do not want to do it o deck (and risk losing the ring). I can't wait to see ideas and thanks to everyone for your advice.

I did this two years ago and it worked out awesome(or at least did for me)

I bought a ring onboard and went to the formal shop where they rent tuxes and stuff and asked the girl what I should do to make it special.She asked me for the ring and told me the Maitre d would make something happen.I think he did it on formal night ,right when dessert started coming out he stopped dinner service(on the microphone) and brought her a special dessert that had will you marry me spelled out on a plate with strawberry shortcake and her ring on top.( he looked at me and said you can ask her now and smiled)The whole dining room cheered and clapped.Hope this helps.I gave him a $100 for making it really special for her. Good luck (and what someone else said you will be cruising on your honeymoon too like we did) :)

I did a spur of the moment asking my husband to marry me lol. We were in one of the bars the second night of our cruise and he had just given me a kiss and told me he loved me. I got down on one knee and asked him to marry me! He said yes and everyone clapped, the next day he surprised me and bought me a blue diamond on the ship to make it official. Everyone in the jewelry store clapped all over again. We have been happily together 17 years now. I hope you the best!

I did this two years ago and it worked out awesome(or at least did for me)

I bought a ring onboard and went to the formal shop where they rent tuxes and stuff and asked the girl what I should do to make it special.She asked me for the ring and told me the Maitre d would make something happen.I think he did it on formal night ,right when dessert started coming out he stopped dinner service(on the microphone) and brought her a special dessert that had will you marry me spelled out on a plate with strawberry shortcake and her ring on top.( he looked at me and said you can ask her now and smiled)The whole dining room cheered and clapped.Hope this helps.I gave him a $100 for making it really special for her. Good luck (and what someone else said you will be cruising on your honeymoon too like we did) :)

I'm sure we were there, but maybe not.

We were on the SENSATION when a guy did the same thing. It was awesome we were sitting right across the isle from them. Side note the couple right next to them were there to celebrate there 60th Anniversary the next day.

Needless to the she looked at me & we were both wiping our eyes must be a old lady thing.

Congrat's Just ask they can make anything happen with a flair.

Char

I'm sure we were there, but maybe not.

We were on the SENSATION when a guy did the same thing. It was awesome we were sitting right across the isle from them. Side note the couple right next to them were there to celebrate there 60th Anniversary the next day.

Needless to the she looked at me & we were both wiping our eyes must be a old lady thing.

Congrat's Just ask they can make anything happen with a flair.

Char

That wasn't us but what a great idea from the Maitre d .I did it on the Glory

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for the advice, however I decided to propose on our one year anniversary (August 13) instead of waiting until December. I still used my idea of getting a cake with will you marry me written on it and she loved it. We will most likely be taking our honeymoon on a cruise as I am sure she will love her first and be hooked like I am. Just wanted to give an update to let all of you who have been great in giving advice on osssibl ways to go about doing it onboard.

Archived