Best line for family with Pre-Teen

golfergirltlp

Hello! We are planning an early June 2019 Alaska trip and prior to this cruise, our only other cruise experience was with Disney. We will be traveling with our 13 year old daughter and are in between the NCL Pearl RT from Seattle or a Princess Itinerary. I have been comparing each one and am struggling with which one would offer the best evening entertainment/family on board activities/dining. We don't really need the kids/teen club, as she didn't partake in that on DCL and with Alaska, her desire is to see scenery/wildlife and adventures. Our family enjoys the shows/theatre/family games etc.. Appreciate any advice between these 2 lines. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't compare the two, but I will say that my 13 year old absolutely loved our Princess cruise. She loved the teen club and made lots of friends. Outside of teen club, she enjoyed the movies under the stars, arts and crafts, and LOVED the Voice of the Ocean show! There were lots of opportunities for trivia and other types of games, but we somehow didn't end up doing any of those. The one thing that I thought really made Princess stand out for Alaska was their "North to Alaska" programming. We had a naturalist onboard all week who did several presentations and would also point out things like pods of whales as she saw them. There were presentations from one of the Deadliest Catch captains and also from a woman who won the Iditarod. Also, in Skagway, they bring on sled dog puppies that you can play with. Since your daughter is into the scenery and wildlife, she might really enjoy the extra Alaska-specific programming on Princess. We learned so much about Alaska that way. Our travel agent recommended Princess to us for that very reason... I had said I was more interested in the scenery and wildlife than having all the latest and greatest ship amenities. My goal was to see and enjoy Alaska... not just interact with the ship.