VIP Lunch & tour PJ 12/12/09

lazy day

Hi Have just returned home after being one of lucky 100 couples to have won a tour and lunch on the PJ. Lunch was very good and the Waterfront restaurant is set our very well a lot more modern that the PD. There is also a private dining room which can accomodate ten people. Not sure if there will be a charge for the use of this(probably will be) as they seem to be adding extra charges on a lot of things. The Plantation restaurant is very well set out with plently of serving area but looks like not as much seating as on PD. La Luna is an asian restaurant and there is a charge for dinner but not for breakfast or lunch this is on one side on the Plantation restaurant. What most of you probably want to know is what the Aqua spa(Dome) is like. Well I was not impressed with it at all and the prices are very expensive(have price list let me know if anyone wants a copy and will email). Any one who has cruised on the PD will definietly miss the Dome. There is a running track but it cuts through Turtle Cove and Shark Shack are at the back of the ship and there are gates on either side so don't know how this will work with little ones around. For the older kids well they are down where the spa used to be and by the looks of things there is not much to do if you don't like computer games. To me it is not very inviting. The attic is very small and would not fit a large crowd(at one side of where dome used to be). Auqa hut is now situated deck 12 midship. The Marque (International Show Lounge) has a spiral staircase between the two floors, also the chairs down the front move to make a bigger dance floor for the performers. There are quiet a lot of differences starting with appearance right through to the appeal and this has no appeal to me. This is only my view. Someone else might be quiet different. Give me the PD any day as I will not be cruising on the PJ any day soon.

Perhaps the Dome on this one is not going to work even for the rich Sydneysiders?

If people don't like it can it be changed back without mega mega dollars being spent?

I remember the excitement and rave reviews when CCers first toured the Pacific Dawn and the Dome was the highlight!

We loved the Dome late at night but so did people early in the evening!

Where is the nightclub now?

Den

Thanks for sharing your review, jools. It's a pity she's not what you were expecting. Perhaps P&O should carry out more market research before expensive alterations are made....that goes for Princess too. The Sanctuary on the Dawn Princess was never used to my knowledge on our October cruise and the MUTS wasn't too popular either.

Anna

Hi

Thanks for your review. I wondered about the spa area and after seeing it on TV the other night i think the Dome would have been a more useful space to keep. I did wonder about all the extra things they were adding, they all come with charges.

Thanks Tania

Perhaps the Dome on this one is not going to work even for the rich Sydneysiders?

If people don't like it can it be changed back without mega mega dollars being spent?

I remember the excitement and rave reviews when CCers first toured the Pacific Dawn and the Dome was the highlight!

We loved the Dome late at night but so did people early in the evening!

Where is the nightclub now?

Den

Hi Den,

You make a good point.We are still novice in the cruising stakes.Perhaps P&O have missed the mark in assumming our tastes in cruising have changed.....Whether you live in Sydney or Walgett ....we are Aussies.....and if P&O are targeting the so called rich that live in sydney then they have it wrong.I live in Sydney and I am cetainly not wealthy....but I am happy and despite where you live....your money still buys the same.Unfortuneatly its all about the bottom line.with P&O...MONEY.I shall reserve my opinion of the ship until we sail on her.However having to pay for peace and quiet......not my go.The pool is fine with me.Glad P&O dont own Bondi beach where I lived for 35 years.Hell imagine paying to surf......but its now 5.00 per hour to park.....yuk

Just my opinion

Cheers

Col :)

Hi Sunbaker

The Attic is one of the night spots the others are the Casbah and Connexions. There is supposed to be a club lounge at the front of deck 11 but they didn't show that to us.

In the book they gave us about the ship The Oasis parents retreat has a charge.

The Waterfront, Plantation are free for all meals and La Luna is only free for breakfast and lunch a charge applies for dinner.

Hi Sunbaker

In the book they gave us about the ship The Oasis parents retreat has a charge.

The Waterfront, Plantation are free for all meals and La Luna is only free for breakfast and lunch a charge applies for dinner.

Does anyone know what the Oasis parents retreat is all about? Obviously it's a no go zone for kids but why is there a charge? What do you get for it? :confused:

Archived