Owner's Suites and Front Facing Penthouses on the Dawn

Gampy1967

I have read several threads regarding the requirement to keep the curtains closed if you are in a front facing penthouse and/or owners suite (w/ two balconies) at night because the light may possibly distract the staff/crew on the 11th floor on the bridge. Is this true even if you have no lights on other than perhaps the glow from the TV?

Was really looking forward to seeing the moon light and sunrise in bed from our suite. Thanks.

yes there is a sign to keep the curtains closed, we accidentally left them open (steward had always closed them for us) & nothing was said but I wouldn't want to make the bridge crews job any harder.

We enjoyed the view from the loungers & left the curtains closed when it was dark

yes there is a sign to keep the curtains closed, we accidentally left them open (steward had always closed them for us) & nothing was said but I wouldn't want to make the bridge crews job any harder.

We enjoyed the view from the loungers & left the curtains closed when it was dark

Understood. Would hate to hit an iceberg in the Caribbean. Just can't imagine a tv would put off enough light to even affect anything outside. Maybe we will just leave everything (including the tv) off at night so we can leave the curtains open.

We had a forward facing penthouse on the Pearl for the Panama Canal. Loved the room and the balcony is huge but they do ask that you keep your curtains closed at night. We did except for one night we forgot. The cabin steward reminded us the next day to close them. Don't know if something was said to him or not but who knows.

The only other issue we had with the cabin was the door to the balcony is heavy and loud. Not a regular balcony door. Very hard to open when at sea...but the views are gorgeous!

We had a forward facing penthouse on the Pearl for the Panama Canal. Loved the room and the balcony is huge but they do ask that you keep your curtains closed at night. We did except for one night we forgot. The cabin steward reminded us the next day to close them. Don't know if something was said to him or not but who knows.

The only other issue we had with the cabin was the door to the balcony is heavy and loud. Not a regular balcony door. Very hard to open when at sea...but the views are gorgeous!

I had the same trouble with the door on the Jewel (the Dawn we had seas so rough the door got locked), so I asked the Steward to unlock it, he had to come show me that it wasn't locked - I felt so weak haha