Carnival Pride Steakhouse

JKrise

Greetings to all 'Friends of the Pride',

DW and I will soon be on the Pride-19Nov.

We have two questions Davids' Steak House on the day of departure...

Q1) - Is the Steak house open for Dinner Service on the departure day (1st night)?

Q2) - Does Carnival offer any discounts for 1st night dinning at Davids'?

Thank in advance.

Jim and Cammie

DW and I are not really wine drinkers. But, enjoy an occasional glass to complement the meal. So is the complementary wine decent, or is it Night Train quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The free wine is really just a basic wine.. Think 6-10 dollar wine at Wal-Mart (that on the ship, through the fun shops will cost you 30).

But.. you get 1/2 off their other wines.. Look at list. While their prices are really jacked up over retail prices, with the 1/2 off, it puts it closer to retail price.

They can keep it for you and put your name on it and when you goto the MDR on your other nights, they will bring it out to pour. Or.. you can take it back to your room with you.

Bonus... they are known to "lose" your bottle occasionally and will replace it with a new one.. no charge. Lose as in they cannot find yours, or, they forgot to put your name/room number on it.

We dined at David's on the first night on the Pride last March and there were hardly any other passengers there. I think our reservation was for 6:30pm. We did get the free bottle of wine and took it back to our cabin because we would only drink one glass at a time. We would just pour a glass and take it with us to the MDR. I asked for an empty wine glass at one of the bars. Our cabin steward would even replace the dirty wine glasses we left in the room with clean ones.