Copenhagen Sightseeing

We are sailing on the Grand Princess in July and one of the ports is Copenhagen.

Does anyone know how near to the city centre the Grand is likely to berth, i.e. is it possible to walk to the city centre or would it require a taxi?

Many thanks.

We are sailing on the Grand Princess in July and one of the ports is Copenhagen.

Does anyone know how near to the city centre the Grand is likely to berth, i.e. is it possible to walk to the city centre or would it require a taxi?

Many thanks.

I haven't been yet but I'm currently reseaching Copenhagen myself. Here are the notes I've taken so far.

If you are arriving July 14, it appears your port is Langeline - Quay C190.

You have several options to city center from there:

1. Yes it is possible to walk there - it is approx. 1-1/2 miles

2. City Bus #26 - runs every 20 mins

3. HO-HO bus - good for 24 hours - you can hop off at an attraction stay as long as you like and then hop back on.

4. Taxi - not recommended - expensive

http://www.viator.com/tours/Copenhagen/Copenhagen-City-Hop-on-Hop-off-Tour/d463-2916CPH

there is a map on this site to help you get your bearings.

I think there is another HO-HO bus that fare is good for two days but don't have name or link to it yet.

Good luck

If you dock at Langeline - Quay C190, and you're the walking type, and the weather permits, the walk to the city center is a very pleasant one. I suppose it might have been a full mile and half to the city center center, but you'll start enjoying the sites about 100 feet from the end of the Langeline pier. You walk along the waterfront on a clean, even walkway. You have a great view across the water to some islands with unique buildings to look at on both sides. You'll pass by the Little Mermaid statue, which is a local landmark. I did the full circle of most of the major sites in the inner city area on foot all the way back to the ship later that evening. But I'm a walker. So that's the key.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what to do as there are 8 of us. Did anyone hear if the HO HO buses are close to the port or if we have to go into town. I have read threads that say ho ho had lines.

Archived