Viking Homelands -- Dining Question

2cruisecats

We are doing the Homelands cruise this spring and the question of dining options is on my mind. For those with experience on this itinerary, I'm wondering what nights would be the best nights for Manfredi's and also the Chef's Table. We prefer an earlier dining time but with this port intensive itinerary and long days, I'm sure we'll have some late nights too. Thanks for your advice!

We are doing the Homelands cruise this spring and the question of dining options is on my mind. For those with experience on this itinerary, I'm wondering what nights would be the best nights for Manfredi's and also the Chef's Table. We prefer an earlier dining time but with this port intensive itinerary and long days, I'm sure we'll have some late nights too. Thanks for your advice!

We did this last year. The sea day seems to be busy. Also the days you do early ports(Stockholm to Bergen). We were in a V cabin and had been invited to a party on the sea day at Manfredi's and could not book until we boarded but there was no problem. If you are on this direction, the first or second night might be good to try as people are getting accustom to the ship. The second night (early departure)is usually lobster in main dinning room, if that is a factor.

You must be somewhat flexible. They don't have assigned seatings so you can go at anytime or make reservations. I suggest you try Chef's Table early, maybe first rotation, to see if you like the concept. You won't have information on menus until you board. We tried it last night of first offering and liked it so much we booked the next night and before we left that evening, had made arrangements for every rotation. One note, on the night of the Berlin excursion, that was the only time we could make but we were not suppose to get back until 8:00. We were told 2/3 of the ship was going on that so just come by when we returned and there would be no problem.

You might also hear that there are no reservations left at the specialty restaurants but don't give up. I went by about three days before the cruise ended and was told when to come back(It was when the place opened so it fits in your timeframe). So even the computer said they were sold out things can be adjusted.

This was our experience. In a V cabin, with no advance reservations we ate 7 nights of the the 14 in specialty restaurants.