Caribbean - Excursions, Belize City vs. Roatan

OhCheck

Going to a Caribbean Cruise here shortly and I am ready to book an excursion.

We really want to do Zip Lines and want to book through the ship for this, just sort of a worry thing being in another country and all ;)

Anyways, I hear both Belize City and Roatan have great Zip Lining. I am just trying to decide where to do it!

I guess my answer will fall in which of the 2 ports has a better beach day?

Between Roatan and Belize City, which has a nicer area with some nice beaches and such where as we could have a nice relaxing day in the sand and ocean, and on the other day do the Zip Lining.

Thanks!

Look up Victor Bodden for Roatan and Major Tom for Belize on Google. Both get great reviews on the respective ports pages. I'm headed that way in less than a month and am booked with both.

Been out with Major Tom once before but this will be the first time out with Bodden's crew. We'll see how they do!

When are you going BTW?

I guess my answer will fall in which of the 2 ports has a better beach day?

Between Roatan and Belize City, which has a nicer area with some nice beaches and such where as we could have a nice relaxing day in the sand and ocean, and on the other day do the Zip Lining.

Thanks!

Just back from Belize... Everyone we talked to zip-lined, went cave-tubing or stayed on the ship. The only beach-related excursion I heard about from anybody was a snorkeling one with Caye Caulker, and I think that one involved a boat ride to a different island. Didn't hear anything specific about the beach.

I have never been to Roatan, so I couldn't say for sure about that port at all. You might want to check the ports of call boards for details on both ports before you book.

Belize:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

Roatan:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Archived