Shore excursion timing

irislady

Right now we're booked to do to "The Wonders of the Bay of Fundy" tour from 9:45-12:15 in St. John's, New Brunswick, and the "Moosehead Brewery" tour from 1:00-4:00. Both tours were booked through Princess. Will we be pushing it to get back from the first tour with only 45 mins. between them?

We have the same problem in Newport with only 45 mins. between our "Rose Island Lighthouse and Cruise" and "The Vanderbilt's Newport".

Should we change our plans? DH says Princess wouldn't have "allowed" us to book them both if timing was a problem. I say that Princess's system isn't set up to catch those kinds of things. Thanks for your help.

Shae

When I tried to book tours with only 15 min. between them it told me I had a conflict with my excursion time. It left me book but gave me a warning message. I took that to mean that I should change things. Someone else on this message board still booked those same two excursions and didn't feel that it would be a problem. I didnt want to take the chance. In another port I booked with 30 min. between excursions and I didnt get any warning. So I left those two booked. Someone had told me to plan 1 hr. between excursions but these were two excursions we really wanted to do so we made the decision to be very very busy on that particular day.

I should add that we are booked with Princess on the Grand.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the info. I guess we should be okay with our scheduling. Like you, we chose 2 excursions we really want to do, and DH didn't want to do the brewery in the morning.

When is your cruise on the Grand?

Shae

• 2 weeks later...

We got some pre-cruise docs this week that answered my question about the excursion timing. For anyone else who was wondering, Princess says to allow a minimum of 30 mins. between excurisons.

Shae

Archived