Stateroom Decorations bought from Carnival

SJChaput

I was looking at the Carnival store online and wondered about the Happy Honeymoon decorations... Figured it would be a nice little something for my (then) wife.

It is asking me who it is to and when I want it delivered... Are they going to give us the decorations or put them up for us?

Also does anyone have a picture of the honeymoon decorations and whatnot or tell me how they look or tell me if they're worth the money.

I don't have pictures of the Honeymoon ones, but have done birthdays and Bon Voyage. They will put them up for you on the day you request. If you want them up when you enter the cabin for the first time, request your sail date. They are a little expensive, but when I have surprised friends with them it is well worth the money. Here is a photo of the birthday decorations in my sisters handicap cabin AFTER she had rearranged them so she could leave them up all week.

2623302780064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

I agree that the room decorations are a bit expensive, but worth the cost for a special occasion. I purchased them for our fourth cruise (first for the kids). Below are a few pictures of the Bon Voyage decorations, which probably differ only in color and text from the Honeymoon decorations, iimagine.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2590032630102309982KcsjNv?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2406784660102309982lIuqVg?vhost=good-times

We've had the Happy Anniversary ones (surprised DH with those, along with the cruise), and thought they were well worth the price. Really spruces up the room and makes it a tad festive. I say Do It!

To answer your question when I ordered them I put that I wanted it to be delivered on the day we arrived and that it was for my DH. When we opened the door they were up and it was a nice surprise for him.

While we didn't do the "honeymoon" one (too stupid to cruise Carnival for that trip - cruised another line :mad:), we have gotten them for DH's birthday each cruise and he loves them! My parents just did it for mine and we do it for my parents on each cruise too. Yup, maybe a little pricey, but well worth the smiles and memories!

We have them done for embarkation day - so the room is done up when the recipient(s) get there with the "from" card reading who was "responsible" :D

I'd like to wish the OP a very hearty (and early) Congratulations!!! and wishes for many happy years together!

Our daughter surprised us by calling ahead and having our room decorated for us when we went on an anniversary cruise last fall. When we were allowed to go to our room, we were walking down the hall looking for rooom numbers and the doors were all open. We spotted the decked-out room....I said something like "oooh, look at that! Isn't that beautiful?" Then I realized that it was our room! We were so excited! Of course, we had to call her and thank her....luckily we were still in port. We left 'em up all week and then brought them home. I might take them with us when we cruise again for our anniversary this year--and do it myself if nobody does it for us this time ;)

I've seen the ones Carnival sells and they are nice. I didn't pay for the Birthday ones as I did my own and took heavy magnets to hang from the ceiling. I enjoy creating for my family and friends so I thoroughly enjoyed creating and making our own decorations. It was a nice way to set the tone for the Birthday cruise.

DSCF0013.jpg.2641fa1044dc15cf6539cea8ed41eefb.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg.eadd79f46874c24668cc4bca71e5342d.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg.24933c9009808c8d1e8ca485cb4f15d3.jpg

I had the room decorated last year when I took my niece and nephew. They thought it was so cute and loved it. By the 3rd day we were taking them down. The ceilings are so low and they hang down and you are always walking into them.

My cruise this month one of the kids are turning 13 while onboard but we decided we are going to the dollar store and bringing our own. We are gonna sneak down the first day and decorate before everyone else gets down there so he will be surprised when he first enters.

I agree that the room decorations are a bit expensive, but worth the cost for a special occasion. I purchased them for our fourth cruise (first for the kids). Below are a few pictures of the Bon Voyage decorations, which probably differ only in color and text from the Honeymoon decorations, iimagine.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2590032630102309982KcsjNv?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2406784660102309982lIuqVg?vhost=good-times

Thank you for posting the pictures. Do they provide the hanging decorations and the one that sits on the table top for $35 or are those 2 separate ones you ordered?

Thank you for posting the pictures. Do they provide the hanging decorations and the one that sits on the table top for $35 or are those 2 separate ones you ordered?

For the Anniversary ones that were purchased for us it was $35 and included the centerpiece, a hanging centerpiece, lots of steamers, a couple of banners,and two very nice Carnival keyrings.

I wish we had taken more pictures!

100_2427.jpg.bb0832863c405220411d42d431bdb384.jpg

For the Anniversary ones that were purchased for us it was $35 and included the centerpiece, a hanging centerpiece, lots of steamers, a couple of banners,and two very nice Carnival keyrings.

I wish we had taken more pictures!

I just finished reading about the decorations on Carnival's website. I had only looked at the picture before and it seemed like a lot of $ for just the one banner which was shown in the picture. Thank you for verifying that all of this is included in the price.

I was disappointed when we walked in the cabin at 1:30 and they weren't up. The gift I ordered was there, but no decorations. I was gonna call the pursers desk but then we went to Muster. By the time we came back they were up!

Ours lasted most of the week (it was for my daughter's sweet sixteen), but both of us are really short...LOL. She took them home with us.

Have a great cruise!

Aloha,

Kat

Archived