Port of Long Beach to LAX via Taxi

I thought I'd be helpful and call Long Beach Yellow Cab to see if they have a flat rate--after being on hold for 5 minutes I hung up. Glad I didn't need a cab! SuperShuttle offers a private transfer service. The service where someone waits with a sign with your name is $95; the one where you call and they pick you up is $58.

Hey guys, I have done a few searches but everything I have found on this subjects immediately turns into a discussion on shuttles. My question is does anyone know the recent rate it costs to take a taxi for two from the Port of Long Beach to LAX?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

It's a flat rate from the port to LAX. This picture was taking one year ago (nearly to the day). I was inside a LB Yellow Cab. Someone had posted a similar picture on the forum from the year previous to the time I took this picture. Rates had gone up $5 bucks. This should give you a ball park for taxi service.

2469923660102635822S500x500Q85.jpg

Check the rate in that sign where it says Queen Mary to LAX. That's probably the closest to the Port of LB (I didn't see it listed' date=' but then I'm pretty tired).[/quote']

Correct, $60 for anything in the area. They had the Coast hotel on there, which by then it had already changed over to Hotel Maya. Many of the taxi cabs have signs/ads on top of the cars that advertise the flat rate to the airports.

• 4 weeks later...

I have have fit 3 people in a regular town car cab with 1 checked size bag each. Typically though it is as easy to get a mini van as it is to get a car. You just need to tell the attendant outside which you prefer. To the best of my knowledge car or mini van the price is the same.

Matt

The leg area in the backseats of most of the taxis is painfully small. It makes for an uncomfortable long ride. We also had to plead with the driver to turn on the a/c. He did and then shut it off after 5 minutes.

You might also consider a Limo.

We were a party of nine in March, and most folks here insisted that we and our luggage would not fit in a Limo.

I searched around and found "Gamma". The fellow there insisted that we would be fine, and we were. Nine of us and our luggage from LGB to Crowne Plaza for about $120.00 (another $20, or so, for tips, even though they were incuded.) The driver even drove by the Queen Mary for us and refused anything additonal!

A new stretch Limo, with a wet bar, sodas for the kids, and a short box of Bud for me! Although we've only used them one time, they provided excellent service, and I would never hesitate to use them again.

A tad bit more than jamming into a shuttle, but it was a very nice trip!

I have have fit 3 people in a regular town car cab with 1 checked size bag each. Typically though it is as easy to get a mini van as it is to get a car. You just need to tell the attendant outside which you prefer. To the best of my knowledge car or mini van the price is the same.

Matt

Matt: We have a pretty active roll call going for the January 9 sailing at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1116349

Come join us.

Richard

I got a quote today for $74 for a town car from LAX to the Hotel Maya in Long Beach. I think that's acceptable rate - an no waiting or crowding on a shuttle.

Chris, you did not say which company you got the quote from! LOL We are heading that way in Oct and like booking limos ahead of time.

thanks,

Shane

Archived