Items left on ship

br00ke

Does anyone have experience with items left on a ship? Who should I contact?

We just realized that we did not empty one of the drawers in our cabin last week on the Jade. The drawer contained all my son's dress clothing. I suspect we might be out of luck, but I would like to try to retrieve everything. Having to buy nice clothes for a 3 year old once is bad enough. I don't want to do it again if I don't have to!

Thanks!

Brooke

I don't know who you should contact (I'm sure someone else can help there) but you most likely WON'T be out of luck - I don't think toddler dress clothing is a hot item on the black market and you'll find that most of the crew is very honest :)

We just realized that we did not empty one of the drawers in our cabin last week on the Jade. The drawer contained all my son's dress clothing. I suspect we might be out of luck, but I would like to try to retrieve everything. Having to buy nice clothes for a 3 year old once is bad enough. I don't want to do it again if I don't have to!

Thanks!

Brooke

There is a lost and found department at NCL, open M-F from 9-5 EST I believe.... 1.866.625.1164 They should be able to contact the ship and retrieve the items I believe.

Thanks!

Brooke

The best person to contact would be shipcoordinatorjade@ncl.com . They can directly contact the ship and see if your item was turned into lost & found. If it was found they can also cordinate getting your item delivered to you.

PE

Thank you everyone! I've sent an e-mail to the ship coordinator. I'll let you know if it works! If I don't hear back, I will call.

So funny you say there isn't a black market for the stuff. I know the crew is honest, but the first thing I thought of was someone trying to sell size 3T lacoste and polo shirts! There can't possibly be a market for those!

I did read on this message board that they do not keep any clothes in lost and found but only expensive electronic items or jewelry. However, maybe because it was alot of items they did keep them. Good luck.

• 2 months later...

Update: We received a package of clothing from NCL in late December. Everything was accounted for. The Lost and Found department, recommended by Margaret, had found our items. They shipped them from Barcelona to Miami, and then to us (at no charge!). I couldn't be happier with the customer service we received!

We usually have a few drinks before packing on the last night of the cruise. Next time, I might try packing before drinking!

Update: We received a package of clothing from NCL in late December. Everything was accounted for. The Lost and Found department, recommended by Margaret, had found our items. They shipped them from Barcelona to Miami, and then to us (at no charge!). I couldn't be happier with the customer service we received!

We usually have a few drinks before packing on the last night of the cruise. Next time, I might try packing before drinking!

Glad you got your items back!

I'm happy you were able to get back the misplaced items.....:):):)

Margaret

I hoped you sent a letter thanking them for getting your things back to you, and at no cost!! That's really amazing.

When we were on the Dawn last January, We forgot my stuffed animal and called as soon as we found it missing. We got a call back 24 hours later that they had located it, but it was still on the ship. So after the Dawn returned from the 9 day, they shipped it back to me, no cost. Now I laugh and Say that Winnie the Pooh has been on more cruises and to more countries than I have :D.

NCL is really great at getting you back your lost stuff.

Archived