basketball on Caribbean Princess???

S.S.Oceanlover

I'm trying to confirm if a basketball court has been added to the Caribbean Princess. When I was on her last June we found none. Maybe we missed it but we sure looked.

Can anybody who has recently been on the Caribbean Princess let me know please.

The Princess phone rep says that they have basketball. hmmmmmmm

Bill

HI

We are seriously considering a Caribbean Princess cruise. However a basketball court is what our decision is hinging on. We need to know whether there is a proper basketball court or not. Please help us!!

The cruise line told us that there is a half court, but some of the members say there is no court.

We just returned this satuday 1/29. Where you would expect the basket ball court there was a paddle tennis court flanked by 2 ping pong tables outside a mesh net. That being said we had a great time, if your into sports the gym was great , plenty of treadmills (with Tvs) stairsteppers and opticals. There was newer cybex weight lifting equipment. Everything was in good working condition and we never had to wait to get on any machine.

Hope that helps

HI

We are seriously considering a Caribbean Princess cruise. However a basketball court is what our decision is hinging on. We need to know whether there is a proper basketball court or not. Please help us!!

The cruise line told us that there is a half court, but some of the members say there is no court.

Just got back on 12-26-04--there is no basketball court on the Caribbean Princess much to our disappointment also. The paddle tennis was fun but can only accomodate a max of 4 people and is crowded most of the time. RCCL has full court basketball courts on the Voyager class ships we have sailed on if that is a priority for you.

Bunkster

DH and I were on the Caribbean Princess the week of January 22-29. We made a special effort to check out all available activities for our teenage niece and nephew whom we will treat to a cruise within the next year.

There was no basketball for adults (kiddie hoops, as mentioned previously), nor was there shuffleboard. The giant chessboard is crammed into the sports deck with table tennis and paddle ball rather than in an open area like on other grand class ships.

This magnificent ship has so many other amenities, though, I would hate to have you not sail on the CP just because there's no basketball court. We have definitely decided that this is the ship we'll return to for our niece/nephew's high school graduation trip.

Chris

Archived