Using facilities of Mandarin Oriental or Fairmont Southampton

Yaya999

DH and I just returned last week. We were used to having day passes on many of the carib islands so I emailed the Fairmonts, Elbow Beach(Mandarin Oriental), Pompano, Cambridge, you name it, I emailed their concierges and asked about day passes.

All of the politely emailed back within a few days and I was told that day passes were unavailable virtually anywhere on the island. I do know that 9 Beaches has done day passes in the past. It is currently under renovation but there was a thread on here that mentioned that they were currently opened in a small area. We went past there on a tour one day and it looked virtually deserted.

Nora

None of the hotels issue day passes during the peak travel season. They are too busy and want to keep their amenities for their guests. As far as eating there yes, the Fairmont Southampton has a poolside restaurant which serves lunch. They also have the Waterlot Inn (my favorite restaurant in the world) which serves dinner (very pricey, but well worth it) reservations required. The Fairmont Hamilton has a lovely tea time for which reservations are requested.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if any hotels will allow you to use their 'amenities' if you have lunch there? That might be nice for my mom in a wheelchair. We could have lunch and use their beach with restrooms and refreshments nearby. Anyone know?

In my emails to all of the hotels mentioned above, I did say that we would plan to spend the day and would be happy to agree to enjoying their other offerings including bars/restaurants. The answer was still no. Others have mentioned that perhaps in their off seasons they might allow this but I was told in an unquestionable manner; NO.

Nora

Archived