Summit-new rooms aqua class on aft

cruisingrightalong

Anyone been in the new rooms on the Summit....aft aqua class? She is just out of drydock and refurb so curious to see.

Someone has suggested smoke from open air bar below?

And posted comments relative to the new Deck 11 AquaClass staterooms [summit should be the same] this morning... I can't tell if you've sailed Celebrity Millennium-Class ships before--my observations were in response to a frequent Celebrity cruiser and, as such, are largely comparative--but here's the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1526684&page=12

I had a new aft cabin--1133--during my recent South America trip and liked both the stateroom and location...

• Verandahs are fairly deep but not as deep as those attached to the Concierge Class 1 staterooms on Decks 7, 8, and 9... Truth is--and I wish I had known this when I booked; I was the first person to have reserved on Deck 11 for my trip and could have selected any cabin there--the verandahs associated with the new aft cabins [there are five of them] on Deck 11 become progressively larger as one moves toward the center [ie: 1140 is the largest, those flanking 1140 are a bit smaller with both a direct aft and angled view port or starboard, and those at the ends of the aft corridor [such as 1133] are a bit smaller yet... In 1133, about half of the verandah is sheltered by Deck 12 structure above...
  • Smoking is permitted on the port-side of the Sunset Bar [which is also used as outdoor seating for the Oceanview Cafe] below... It never bothered me--about half of our sailing was in cold weather and that area didn't always get a lot of use--but, if you are sensitive, you might want to choose one of the afts that favors the starboard side of the ship or, if strongly averse, avoid the area entirely...
  • On Infinity--and I understand that it varies among the four Millennium-Class ships--about two-thirds of the Sunset Bar [centered] is covered by a canvas canopy... As such, the three most central afts have a great view forward but no view downward [some like that privacy; I didn't find that the folks seated below were anymore interested in my presence than I was in theirs]... I've not sailed Summit and do not know if she features a similar canopy over part of the Sunset Bar...
  • We had one evening--once back in warm weather--when a terrific guitarist, Cesarios, entertained at the Sunset Bar until about 11:00 PM... I enjoyed it and it didn't intrude upon my personal schedule... The cabins are fairly sound-proof but this could be an issue for some guests... I've experienced the same muffled sound--with greater frequency on warm weather sailings--when I've occupied one of the Concierge Class 1 aft cabins on Constellation and Infinity... Most often, I go out to the verandah and enjoy the music!
  • The ship's Maltese flag [these ships are registered in Malta] is hoisted from the center of the rail at the rear of the Sunset Bar on Deck 10... That flag will be prominent in the view from the Deck 11 cabins [and particularly, 1140]... I didn't find it intrusive from 1133 and its presence didn't spoil photo-ops...

It may not be for everyone but--with a strong affinity for AquaClass developed on Solstice-Class ships--I'd sail a Deck 11 aft cabin on M-Class again without hesitation...

Anyone been in the new rooms on the Summit....aft aqua class? She is just out of drydock and refurb so curious to see.

Someone has suggested smoke from open air bar below?

Inquiring minds want to know the good and the bad opinions. Opinions only we realize!

Lou

Agreed, I sure hope we get more reports and some photos from those aboutvtobreturn from Summit!

Archived