Connecting cabins on Reflection/Silhouette?

dread_pirate

I'm looking at some of the cabins on Deck 7 near the Hideaway. There's a little bit of a "hump" there, but all the cabins on the hump appear to be connecting. We don't want the connection (we only need 1 cabin), so I'm concerned about the noise coming through the connecting door.

Anyone have any experience? Thanks.

I'm looking at some of the cabins on Deck 7 near the Hideaway. There's a little bit of a "hump" there, but all the cabins on the hump appear to be connecting. We don't want the connection (we only need 1 cabin), so I'm concerned about the noise coming through the connecting door.

Anyone have any experience? Thanks.

Hi Dread pirate,

The connecting cabins on most of the S-Class ships, is quite different than what you may have experienced on other ships. The cabins connect at the front of the cabin, by the doors. When the cabins are booked separate, they seem to be no different than any other cabin. I've stayed in a number of these cabins, and noise was not an issue.

With that said, I've read a number of posts, where this appears not to be the case on Reflection. At least some (if not all) of the connecting cabins have a connecting door inside the cabin. I believe Reflection is the only ship of the S-Class, with this configuration. As I have not sailed on Reflection yet, I'm unable to advise whether noise is an issue. Hopefully, others will confirm the Reflection information, and share additional insights.

I hope this is helpful.

Hi Dread pirate,

The connecting cabins on most of the S-Class ships, is quite different than what you may have experienced on other ships. The cabins connect at the front of the cabin, by the doors. When the cabins are booked separate, they seem to be no different than any other cabin. I've stayed in a number of these cabins, and noise was not an issue.

With that said, I've read a number of posts, where this appears not to be the case on Reflection. At least some (if not all) of the connecting cabins have a connecting door inside the cabin. I believe Reflection is the only ship of the S-Class, with this configuration. As I have not sailed on Reflection yet, I'm unable to advise whether noise is an issue. Hopefully, others will confirm the Reflection information, and share additional insights.

I hope this is helpful.

The Reflection is indeed different than the first four S-class ships. The connecting door is in the wall opposite the door to the bathroom. We found them to be very good at holding back any noise from the adjoining stateroom.

You can see the door just above the foot of the bed in this photo.

Celebrity-Reflection-7151-378.jpg

Edited by boogs