carnival breeze time difference

fvandewouwer

First a happy new year to everyone !

need to figure out if the ship Carnival Breeze January ports of call Aruba will stay on the ship's time or not.

( already checked and there is a time difference between Miami and Aruba ) will the Carnival Breeze arriving port at 8 am and leaving at 4 pm actually arrive at 9 am and leave at 5 pm ???

Need to know because we are going to book a private tour and they need to have the pick up time

Thank you all for your help

have a wonderful first day in 2014

Frieda

You will always stay on ship time which is (except for a very few itineraries) always the same time as the home port. So, to answer your actual question, the ship will arrive at 8am and leave at 4pm SHIP TIME...however, this will be the same as 9am and 5pm ISLAND TIME.

The best thing to do is always keep your watch set to the time on the SHIP. Unless you set your cell phone to NOT adjust time zones, DO NOT go by the time on your phone.

If you are arranging a private tour for the island, you may need to arrange this according to the island time however, generally speaking, independent tour operators know there is a difference in ship time and island time. Just verify if their times are SHIP TIME or ISLAND TIME.

You will always stay on ship time which is (except for a very few itineraries) always the same time as the home port. So, to answer your actual question, the ship will arrive at 8am and leave at 4pm SHIP TIME...however, this will be the same as 9am and 5pm ISLAND TIME.

The best thing to do is always keep your watch set to the time on the SHIP. Unless you set your cell phone to NOT adjust time zones, DO NOT go by the time on your phone.

If you are arranging a private tour for the island, you may need to arrange this according to the island time however, generally speaking, independent tour operators know there is a difference in ship time and island time. Just verify if their times are SHIP TIME or ISLAND TIME.

thanks BamaCruiser but if Carival says on their website arriving time 8 am it will be Aruba time 9 am correct ??? am getting confused now thanks again for your time have a wonderful day

We just got off the 12/21/13 sailing of the Carnival Breeze to Aruba. We stayed on ship time for the entire cruise (but it is up to the cruise director to determine this once on board). The times that Carnival posts on their website is all local US time (aka Ship time).

We just got off the 12/21/13 sailing of the Carnival Breeze to Aruba. We stayed on ship time for the entire cruise (but it is up to the cruise director to determine this once on board). The times that Carnival posts on their website is all local US time (aka Ship time).

Thank you so much this is the information we really needed, I do hope you had a great time, any advice for us ?

have a wonderful day

good evening from Belgium

Frieda

Thank you so much this is the information we really needed, I do hope you had a great time, any advice for us ?

have a wonderful day

good evening from Belgium

Frieda

We booked an Island Tour with Howard Folkes while we were in Aruba. He met us in the cruise ship terminal right after we docked. He was great!

http://folkestours.com/

We booked an Island Tour with Howard Folkes while we were in Aruba. He met us in the cruise ship terminal right after we docked. He was great!

http://folkestours.com/

Will certainly check it out seems great, La Romana is not easy what did you do ? Lot of people seems to stay on board ..... thanks again next week we leave am getting nervous:)

Will certainly check it out seems great, La Romana is not easy what did you do ? Lot of people seems to stay on board ..... thanks again next week we leave am getting nervous:)

This is where I posted about my recent cruise on the Breeze 12/21/13:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1964485

I mention what we did at each port as well.

This is where I posted about my recent cruise on the Breeze 12/21/13:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1964485

I mention what we did at each port as well.

I have just read your review and would love to thank you for it because we have learned just before we leave ( next week ) that we really need to go on the behind the fun tour My hb is also a boat engineer and despite you are not allowed to go in the engineer room the bridge seems great to.

Also I know now a little more about the fun on board and because we are also not sunbath people your deck 5 tip is great to have a relaxed day.

English is not our first language but we will try some of the comedian acts and the adult pub quiz ... probably not good for us but we will give it a try.

We have seen Saona island 20 years ago and go this time to Catalina ( private tour ) and for Aruba and curacao did do an island tour some years ago so for now we just want to walk out of the ship and hope we can walk around to see the area in the neighbourhood so that is why I do have a last question, can you walk out of these ports right into the city or is it all too far away ?

again wonderful you just did the same cruise and thank you for charring your experience it is a great help

have a wonderful day

goodnight from Belgium

Frieda