LIve from the Enchantment in Portland

Okay, so I'm actually in the Public Library,15 mins free access.

Ship is great. Food is great. Toilets flush.

Anyone who complains about the food has issues, IMO. Varied, delicious and abundant.

Embarking in Philly was messed up. We were in the first group and didn't get on until almost 12:30 because prior passengers were still gettting off.

Tendering in Martha's Vineyard was laborious. Waited an hour to get back.

The ship looks great, crew is friendly and it's 90 degrees in Portland today.

Hurray! Thanks for the update and am so glad that the initial problems after the stretch are working themselves out :)

We can barely see Marthas Vineyard from where we live on the other side of Buzzard's Bay and I was thinking of you all the last couple of days when our temps soared into the 90s with over 70% humidity!! Guess the Cruise Gods wanted to give you a taste of the tropics while you traveld north - LOL :D

Hope you have a great time on the rest of your trip! We will be waiting for the rest of your review ;)

Okay, so I'm actually in the Public Library,15 mins free access.

Anyone who complains about the food has issues, IMO. Varied, delicious and abundant.

Embarking in Philly was messed up. We were in the first group and didn't get on until almost 12:30 because prior passengers were still gettting off.

Tendering in Martha's Vineyard was laborious. Waited an hour to get back.

The ship looks great, crew is friendly and it's 90 degrees in Portland today.

Thanks for the info, Sue, although you probably won't read this until you are home or in another library.

The reports re: the Enchantment have gotten progressively better. I'm expecting only good things this Sunday.

Hope the weather cooled off for you.

Hi All:

My mother is from Boston (very picky with her seafood) and we were looking for an outstanding restaurant for chowder and lobster rolls in Portland. I also would like to see the city since I think it may be a great city to relocate.

Is the ship providing a shuttle into town (ha ha). I was on the Zenith a few years ago and we ending up in Portland because of a hurricane in Bermuda and I recall the cruise port being kind of remote from the city. We opted for the LL Bean shopping trip since we went to New England with any type of information.

So DiMillo's is the "PLACE". I also knpow there his a "hole in the wall" seafood restaurant near the port but I forget the name.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi All:

My mother is from Boston (very picky with her seafood) and we were looking for an outstanding restaurant for chowder and lobster rolls in Portland. I also would like to see the city since I think it may be a great city to relocate.

Is the ship providing a shuttle into town (ha ha). I was on the Zenith a few years ago and we ending up in Portland because of a hurricane in Bermuda and I recall the cruise port being kind of remote from the city. We opted for the LL Bean shopping trip since we went to New England with any type of information.

So DiMillo's is the "PLACE". I also knpow there his a "hole in the wall" seafood restaurant near the port but I forget the name.

Thanks

Melissa

DeMillos is a floating restaurant right in the harbor. You can't miss it!

We are thrilled to read that some of the relaunch issues (e.g., toilets) appear to have been addressed and that you are having a wonderful cruise. Thanks so much for taking the time at your Portland stop to update all of us. We look forward to reading more when you can post it.

This just whets the appetite for those of us sailing on the Enchantment in the future ... We hate to wish time away, but October 2nd in Quebec City is not coming quickly enough!

Archived