Proposal Idea Help for Western B2B cruise

Good afternoon all!

I was hoping some members could help me out. I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend on our upcoming b2b cruise on Allure and then Regal Princess in April. I met her on my first year at university and have been together for 7 years now (I'm 26 and she is 25). I have done all the pre proposal work; figure out ring size and type she likes, ask her father permission and buy the ring.. All I need now is a perfect spot to propose, this is where I need the help!

So here was my original idea...we are from Scotland and like to dress up on formal night so I had planned on finding a location on the ship (was thinking the deck on top of the bridge on allure) on our first formal night and propose after dinner. Ideally I would like to propose at the start of our 14 night b2b as I want to enjoy the rest of the cruise without stressing! I am open to ideas about Regal Princess too though.

I guess my big question is does any members have any ideas on some other ideas or options that would be a bit different and special? She is the type of girl who wouldn't like anything too public either.

Thanks!

There are a few nice places on the Allure that would be nice to propose. The area over the bridge can be nice at night but usually it is pretty windy up there and fairly dark. The kids area usually has something going on too.

Central park with the seating and sort of private areas at night could make a good place. The lighting is nice and it is not windy and generally pretty quiet. There are people passing through but it is not generally that busy and you could take your time.

The only other suggestion I may offer would be that you propose at one of the many photo areas on the ship on formal night. While not really private it would allow you to capture the moment and her initial expression which could be priceless. They do have a white background sometimes set up in a area which is not as public usually off to one side.

However you manage to ask it will be remembered forever.

Good luck.

There are a few nice places on the Allure that would be nice to propose. The area over the bridge can be nice at night but usually it is pretty windy up there and fairly dark. The kids area usually has something going on too.

Central park with the seating and sort of private areas at night could make a good place. The lighting is nice and it is not windy and generally pretty quiet. There are people passing through but it is not generally that busy and you could take your time.

The only other suggestion I may offer would be that you propose at one of the many photo areas on the ship on formal night. While not really private it would allow you to capture the moment and her initial expression which could be priceless. They do have a white background sometimes set up in a area which is not as public usually off to one side.

However you manage to ask it will be remembered forever.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help, I do like the idea of proposing during the during formal photoshoot, just makes me more nervous haha!!

I proposed last year at this same time on the Liberty of the Seas. I had originally plan to do it up on deck in a private area on formal night. I could NOT get my fiance to go up there because she spent so much time on her hair etc and did not want to mess it up before having photos taken on formal night. It does get VERY windy on deck at night.

I had booked an ocean view room and when we got to the port they had upgraded us to a balcony! So in the end, with the sun setting over the ocean, we were all dressed up for formal night, and I asked her to come out on the balcony and look at the sunset, and right there I got down on my knee and asked her. She said yes! It wasn't what I originally had in mind, but in the end it was perfect. What I learned was that as much I tried to plan and control it, I couldn't. You will find the perfect place and the perfect time. The biggest thing is whether or not your gf would want it to be private or not. Formal night is perfect though because you are dressed up and then you can have your engagement pictures taken moments later!

On another note, I also booked dinner in a specialty restaurant for that night as well which made it even better.

The ships have a lot of little private nooks and crannies. Keep an eye out when you get on board!

Best of luck to you and congratulations! It will be a night to remember!

I proposed last year at this same time on the Liberty of the Seas. I had originally plan to do it up on deck in a private area on formal night. I could NOT get my fiance to go up there because she spent so much time on her hair etc and did not want to mess it up before having photos taken on formal night. It does get VERY windy on deck at night.

I had booked an ocean view room and when we got to the port they had upgraded us to a balcony! So in the end, with the sun setting over the ocean, we were all dressed up for formal night, and I asked her to come out on the balcony and look at the sunset, and right there I got down on my knee and asked her. She said yes! It wasn't what I originally had in mind, but in the end it was perfect. What I learned was that as much I tried to plan and control it, I couldn't. You will find the perfect place and the perfect time. The biggest thing is whether or not your gf would want it to be private or not. Formal night is perfect though because you are dressed up and then you can have your engagement pictures taken moments later!

On another note, I also booked dinner in a specialty restaurant for that night as well which made it even better.

The ships have a lot of little private nooks and crannies. Keep an eye out when you get on board!

Best of luck to you and congratulations! It will be a night to remember!

Thanks for that, sounds like you had a great night! Maybe it is best to wait until I board then scope out where and when I will pop the question!

Be sure you print out a copy of this thread and keep it. Many years from now she will be touched all over again to read about your planning the moment!

All best wishes for a wonderful life together!

Good idea, never thought of that!

Thanks, that's very kind of you :)

A little thing, but if you can, maybe treat her to a mani/pedi before the trip so her nails will look extra nice for all the pictures she'll be taking of her left hand. :) Also, if you do it in a "public" area and people realize what's happening, there is a good chance that someone else will capture it on camera/video and can give you a copy as a keepsake.

Just go with what feels natural. Good luck and congratulations. She's a lucky girl! :)

I dont know about you, but I would want that ring out of my pocket and on her finger as soon as possible, especially if you want to maintain the surprise.

One idea - propose on the plane on the way to the cruise ....I actually did this - well, technically, the pilot did - after take off, pilot does his "we'll be cruising at..." speech, and then said "if you direct your attention to aisle 10, there's a young man Mr. ___ who would like to ask ______ something special"...

ring's out of your pocket, on her hand, have a little champagne and off you go!

I do kinda also like the idea of doing it during a formal picture though - arrange with photographer in advance - take the picture - then say, no this wont work, how about one more - then you drop and do your thing - all the while, photographer is snapping away - sure, you will have to buy $1,000 worth of pictures, but that's kinda cool...

mixplix,

You've got great ideas! However, the OP said he thinks she'd prefer the moment to be more private than public. I think he's very dear to be so sensitive to her preferences... but I really love the idea of proposing during the portrait shoot!

Thanks for the replies!

It will definitely be a more private proposal i'll go for so some of the really public stuff is out the window, sorry! haha The more i think about it the more i am inclined to go down the formal night idea.

Just over 3 weeks away now!!

• 7 months later...

After my proposal earlier this year i thought i would finally get round to posting some pics.

I ended up decided to do it on formal night after dining at 150 in central park.

Have to say the Balvenie from Trellis Bar tasted brilliant afterwards!:D

Thanks again for the advice folks!

9zsZDz.jpg

Xyrjzf.jpg

3FjRWD.jpg

YLt9zj.jpg

xi7VUF.jpg