Looking for info on Kids Club on Allure

Hi!

First time cruiser with kids, ages 7 and 4. The closest we know to a kids club on vacation is from our all-inclusive Mexican vacations. We are going on Allure Oct 23rd.

Can someone please share how the kids club is structured? Some specific questions: Do we need reservation to drop kids off? What hours is it open? Will my kids need to be in separate groups given their age (i think so but just checking)? Do they feed them? Do they take them off the main kids club location around different parts of the ship? I heard about the adventure dining option for families that have a early dining slot so the kids club will pick up the kids from dinner. Can someone please share more info on how this works? Also, what about safety and security? And generally what kind of activities do they have?

thank you!

This will be our first RCI cruise so I don't have any info...but I will note there is very minimal information about the kids program on the main website. It kind of just keeps circling you through the same 3 pages with no info on it!

My understanding from reading and searching on here is it is open from 9-12, 2-5, and 7-10. They will keep the kids 5-7 and bring them down to eat at the buffet (sectioned off for the group). From 10pm-2am it is $7 an hour per child.

Your kids will be separated. 3-5yrs in the youngest grouping. Some have had success at times of moving kids into other groupings to be with siblings but it depends on the number of kids, who is working and the ages. I can't help but think 4 and 7yrs are far enough apart this would be hard to do. If they were 5 and 6 (the highest age in one group and lowest in the next group) it might be more likely. You can ask once there.

You will get the most information by searching the boards for links to the daily planners from the kids group. It will give you the topics, activities, timings etc for each day. It won't be for your cruise itself but it should be pretty close.

Hopefully some folks on here that have used it already will come comment. I will be checking for their answers as we are curious for our 3.5yr old!

Hi!

First time cruiser with kids, ages 7 and 4. The closest we know to a kids club on vacation is from our all-inclusive Mexican vacations. We are going on Allure Oct 23rd.

Can someone please share how the kids club is structured? Some specific questions: Do we need reservation to drop kids off? What hours is it open? Will my kids need to be in separate groups given their age (i think so but just checking)? Do they feed them? Do they take them off the main kids club location around different parts of the ship? I heard about the adventure dining option for families that have a early dining slot so the kids club will pick up the kids from dinner. Can someone please share more info on how this works? Also, what about safety and security? And generally what kind of activities do they have?

thank you!

I will try and answer each of your questions best I can we have been on Allure twice with kids. If you can find it on my very work in progress blog the is a section on this for harmony but structure is the same:-

Can someone please share how the kids club is structured? Split into age groups the 4 and 7 year olds will be in separate sections. Activites throughout day with short breaks for lunch and tea(but is kids dinner) on none port days.

Do we need reservation to drop kids off? no

What hours is it open? None port days with lunch and dinner breaks 9ish to 10, The is late night zone(extra fee from 10). Port days 1 hour before arrival right through. late night zone kids automatically signed in and runs till 2 or until last kid leaves.

Will my kids need to be in separate groups given their age (i think so but just checking)? yes

Do they feed them? Port days will take for linch. you can sign them in for dinner. on early port days(don't think any on Allure) they take for breakfast if you leave in club

Do they take them off the main kids club location around different parts of the ship? On occasions as per schedule

I heard about the adventure dining option for families that have a early dining slot so the kids club will pick up the kids from dinner. Can someone please share more info on how this works? not used recently need to be early sitting so not MTD. Let waiter know and they serve quickly and adventure ocean pick up from dining room. Long time since we used as been MTD on all recent cruises so not sure if still works like that.

Also, what about safety and security? Never had any concerns they are very strict. I saw a grandmother refused pick up of child as he was not registered....grandmother complained but staff were absolutely right. Very strict on kids with muster station bands etc and seems well planned the youth evacuation policy

And generally what kind of activities do they have? Age specific and varied. Art, science, games, theme nights...Pirates night, circus, movie night etc etc etc.

Hope that helps & if you want more info have a look at the blog article

We used the dinner pick up once during our cruise. We had to walk our son out to the lobby of the dining room between 650-700pm where an adventure ocean employee was waiting with a paper sign in sheet. The dining room staff did a great job expediting food service for us and other families with kids. Our son is 6, if you have any other questions let me know. We were just on Allure last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used the dinner pick up once during our cruise. We had to walk our son out to the lobby of the dining room between 650-700pm where an adventure ocean employee was waiting with a paper sign in sheet. The dining room staff did a great job expediting food service for us and other families with kids. Our son is 6, if you have any other questions let me know. We were just on Allure last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the photo posts.