Costa Maya Dec 26, 2005 Grand Princess

zydecocruiser

On my recent Grand Princess voyage, Costa Maya was the first stop. We weren't the first ship there, but did have a prime parking space.

+fwxdDHo5UckQUcTfF58yYHTPpPQ8Hk60300.jpg

There were a couple of other ships there - Carnival Liberty

1FRytIIYm0futqWr2cAtxcifp25t6sIk0300.jpg

and Rhapsody of the Seas

N+Ljy93trlFR3be-oqqoopxnW-jwwWb60300.jpg

I had not made plans ahead, so headed ashore to see what I could see...

BXctV0UkGnES5xkOPpTlO+2dzrm4R4+R0300.jpg

ok..

FpU8RP1QatoB6dCEIV8s7rdsyv-b1L0W0300.jpg

I walked around for a while and then signed up for a $15 snorkel trip at this booth.

3gkx2-cgKcjEp7lKCeLwenAE6srtfu7k0300.jpg

There are at least two companies doing similar tours.

aQvDt8PcfUafasMJczt72sVM5KwG2H8W0300.jpg

There is a call center/internet biz at the village

IHTueZXIyQCxi-FbiNMEpviT4KvmJq1m0300.jpg

They wanted $6/hr for Internet access as I recall.

Some posted taxi rates:

pVOPRh42GLJwvzX1XhKTvfS7Z8g2YPjH0300.jpg

Another view from the pool

Ch5Tf6i+1k8Dh6qOYq0aBJHgrQQ1UFUH0300.jpg

Morning Z......best stuff I've seen on Majahual yet. Do you plan on doing similar on Belize?

One question totally irrelevant to this......we are trying to set up a get together on our cruise and was wondering what time Muster is scheduled for the Grand.

Thanks

Mike

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

In Belize did a ray snorkel thing so never set foot on ground on the Grand Princess cruise, but will be posting pics from.

The "mustard" drill is scheduled for 3:45pm with a secondary one at 5:45pm for late comers. It was pretty much right on schedule for us, but depends on how smoothly embarkation goes.

More pic posting will have to wait until tonight - time to make the donuts.

Great Photos Z!! You can wear jeans at my table any day. I hope we get to stop, as the Grand skipped this port this week. Was the booth that you booked your snorkle trip at the dock/village area or in Mahahual?

TxMary we'll see you on board. Have you checked in on the roll-call?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=201861

Mary....just noticed on your cruise history you went on the Rhapsody about a month before us and now about a month before on the Grand. Funny how cruise cycles work:)

Mike

So, where are we going next? ;) :D

TxMary we'll see you on board. Have you checked in on the roll-call?

Hey Snoozeman. I haven't checked the roll call. I have been as lazy on planning this cruise as I intend to be on board!! :D All the sudden, it has dawned on me that we are leaving in a little over a week. I'm thinking I ought to put a little thought into it! I'll have to stop by and give a "how-do" at the roll call. We can't wait!!

Snoozeman,

Where did you see that the Grand skipped Costa Maya last week and what was the reason. I looked at Cruisecal.com and it showed they were there. But that might just be the schedule they were suppose to have.

Thanks,

SDcruiser2

The Grand stopped in Playa this week - was scheduled to go to Costa Maya - not enough speed and time to make it - it left Galveston late.

I was the Grand last week and can assure you it stopped in Costa Maya.

The snorkel trip booth I signed up at was in the cruise port "village" with another booth near the bus ticket booth just outside the village if you missed the first. And perhaps more booths I didn't trip over. Also more than one operator, but I think they all go to the same place. The snorkel adventure I did you could really do on your own just swimming from shore but watch out for boat traffic.

One reason I signed up was cause I needed somewhere to store my stuff anyway and would rather leave it on a boat while I snorkeled in stead of on shore unattended.

Any that you consider, not only ask the price, but also the departure time, and I suppose what is included. Also, any in the village have pictures showing what the boat will look like and where you will actually snorkel. Don't be shy about asking.

Archived