Trolley Roger v. Grand Cayman Island Tour

jozie

The GC Island Tour excursion describes an airconditioned bus, "stops" in the town of Hell and "stops" in Georgetown and "visits" the Tortuga Rum Factory. I was wondering if "stop" or "visit" means we'll be able to get OFF the bus. It is only a 2 hour excursion. I was wondering if the Trolley Roger "stops" and "visits" also.

We did the island tour when we visited GC on our cruise, and you do get to get off the bus. We stopped at Hell, the turtle farm, and the rum factory. The rum factory is near the turtle farm. You really don't get to spend too much time at any location, but it's a nice overview of the area.

There are actually three different Hell locations, I believe-all next to one another, but I guess they are owned by different people. I didn't know this the last time we were there. This time, we poked around for a week, and went into two of the locations. The one with the man who dresses up like the devil had the largest gift shop. At this "hell" location, there were two cut-out's that you can pose behind...the devil and an angel. At the other location, the devil that you stood next to (for a picture) was gone. I guess he blew away with Ivan.

I imagine they must contract with different touring companies and that determines what tour goes where.

We didn't do the Trolley Roger tour, but we did see it during our week there. We saw the tram pulled off on the side of the road, but I didn't see where people were getting on and off the tram. It's an open-air vehicle, with a roof, but it looked like it would be fun. Also, we saw the TR tour on the oposite side of George Town several times, but never saw any of the tour buses over that way. I really like the opposite end (the other direction from 7 Mile Beach) becuase it's not very crowded.

Archived