NY Parking

NormanW

RE: The $180.00 deal.

How long is this good for?

This is question is for those chaps taking B2B cruises. Since they just ask if you're going on a cruise and take your greenbacks and nothing more (no time sheet, index, window note, etc.) there really isn't a way to log when you park or them knowing that you're on a 7 day or 10 day cruise, etc.

I know folks that want to do this and want to get off at the end of their first cruise like an island stop and tour NYC. As far as I know they can hail a cab and leave their car parked and come back and get back on the ship whereas if they drive their own car off the lot they have to pay another $180 for the second instance?

I know there has to be some B2B folks especially given the popularity of the ships. :)

Cheers,

Norman

The $180 is a monthy fee. Back to back no issue. You pay upfront and I am sure they record your plate number as the dog checks your car.

I also believe you need to show your cruise docs when you enter. There is no daily parking in the same space.

While I don't remember showing my cruise documents or them writting down my license plate. The terminal parking generally has been open only when a ship enters or leaves. You pay when you come in and depending on what ship you are on they send you to a specific finger on the Pier. That being said, I would think if you did a b2b that you could park the second cruise without paying for it. The questions is ethically should you? do you give back a clerk the misstaken extra money that they give you in change?

The $180 is a monthy fee. Back to back no issue. You pay upfront and I am sure they record your plate number as the dog checks your car.

I also believe you need to show your cruise docs when you enter. There is no daily parking in the same space.

This is what I figured but I don't want to pass on bad info! Thanks!

Btw those dogs must be pretty smart to remember all those license plates! ;)

Yes I've passed through and was just asked if I was going on a cruise and handed the attendant my $180.00. He never asked anything more, just said to "enjoy your cruise".

Monthly rate so that should cover B2B2B 10/11/10. I wonder who does that? :D

Cheers,

Norman

p.s. If anyone has doubts about whether your ride is safe while parked there, rest assured there is no problem. I have 100% confidence in this.

I've got another question that relates to parking - we will be arriving at the pier about 2:00 pm in order to avoid the earlier crowds. While I know how difficult it is to generalize.....do you think that there will still be spots as late as 2:00 pm ( Thurs. 2/2 Dawn departure.)????

I've got another question that relates to parking - we will be arriving at the pier about 2:00 pm in order to avoid the earlier crowds. While I know how difficult it is to generalize.....do you think that there will still be spots as late as 2:00 pm ( Thurs. 2/2 Dawn departure.)????

No problem from last Feb - plenty of space

Parking.jpg.2e247d9669fc60459b3e49caf527a77d.jpg

No problem from last Feb - plenty of space
We parked on the pier closest to Intrepid (pier 88?), but the Dawn was at Pier 90.

Can we park on the pier adjacent to the ship? In other words, are there separate entrances to the 3 parking areas on each pier? If so, then we'll be more careful next time and park closer!

We parked on the pier closest to Intrepid (pier 88?), but the Dawn was at Pier 90.

Can we park on the pier adjacent to the ship? In other words, are there separate entrances to the 3 parking areas on each pier? If so, then we'll be more careful next time and park closer!

I parked on pier 90 right next to the Dawn in October. The shot above was cars parked on 90 when the Dawn was docked at 88.

I don't know if they have both open at the same time.

From Oct.

1829108705_DawnGVparking.jpg.2326d07958548686f1e46ac1549bbfdf.jpg

Archived