el eden canopy tour question

romauibabe

Can we just go to El Eden and pay to go on the canopy tour while we are there, or are reservations required like on the other ziplines?? Already did los veranos and it was great!!! How does el eden compare??? Also, are Chicos paradise and El Eden different places or the same?? Information seems to be alittle confusing on this.

You'll want to reserve in advance there too - you don't want to take a taxi all the way up that rough, dirt road only to find out they're booked.

I actually liked El Eden about as much. Differences:

A couple of the lines were faster than you go on any of the ones at Veranos, and the jungle is more lush and tropical.

The restaurant isn't quite as clean, I think, but in a lush jungle location on the river. Both restaurants are a bit overpriced, of course.

El Eden has no tree platforms, while Los Veranos has three.

There are, I think, 11 zip lines to Los Veranos' 14, and the highest zip line is a "mere" 250 feet off the ground, compared to Los Veranos' 500+.

I thought the staff was quite friendly, though not quite as overtly so as at Los Veranos.

You wear helmets on El Eden, and can't bring your camera on the zip lines, while Veranos there are no helmets and you can bring your camera.

El Eden takes a photo of you, but no video. The photo isn't that great of quality either, I didn't think (still bought one though)!

At El Eden, the braking system is different than at Los Veranos - I think at Veranos you wiggle it side to side really fast, while at El Eden, you do it big and slow, if I recall.

I think that about covers it! A fun day - I really enjoyed both!

No, Chico's Paradise is on the same road, but a different place. You'll pass it on the way to El Eden.

i was under the impression that el eden was cruiseline booking only

No, you book direct with them or one of the online brokers like Vallarta Online. Vallarta Adventures has there own zip lines and they are the ones you get by booking through the cruiseline. Vallarta Adventures also does many, if not most, of the other cruiseline excursions in PV.

No, you book direct with them or one of the online brokers like Vallarta Online. Vallarta Adventures has there own zip lines and they are the ones you get by booking through the cruiseline. Vallarta Adventures also does many, if not most, of the other cruiseline excursions in PV.

wow i thought based on earlier posts that it was the other way around--eden by cruiseline and http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/ on your own

wow i thought based on earlier posts that it was the other way around--eden by cruiseline and http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/ on your own

El Eden AND Los Veranos are booked directly (there are 3 companies in PV that have the zip lines). Vallarta Adventures is the tour company that has a contract with the cruiselines. My understanding is that if you are on a cruiseship, Vallarta Adventures will not allow you to book directly with them (even though the price would be about 60-70% of the ship's price). This is a part of their contract with the cruiselines (guess who gets the difference):rolleyes: . I hope this makes sense. For example, I just spent a week in PV and did the Los Veranos tour http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/. I could have booked the Vallarta Adventures tour directly because I was at my timeshare for the week (not on a ship). The bottom line is, I have heard nothing but great reports about all three. Los Veranos is the largest and El Eden goes through the jungle where the movie Predator was filmed. I hope this helps.

Right on the money, Family Man, except for one thing - there are actually four major canopy tours in Puerto Vallarta now, and a couple minor ones - (None are booked through your ship except Vallarta Adventures).

The new big one is the Rio Cuale Canopy Tour - it is actually even higher and longer than Los Veranos - the longest line is over 1/4 mile long! However, it only has 10 lines to Los Veranos' 14.

El Eden has 11 lines and includes the fastest line in Vallarta, at speeds of over 50 mph, but they are not as high - "only" 250 feet over the ground, or as long, at "only" 2 miles of lines. Vallarta Adventures is the smallest of the four major ones.

There are also some minor ones like one up in Bucerias, and the Canopy LaVista, which are quite a bit smaller.

The new big one is the Rio Cuale Canopy Tour - it is actually even higher and longer than Los Veranos - the longest line is over 1/4 mile long! However, it only has 10 lines to Los Veranos' 14.

Cool....more choices. Options are GOOD! We were going to try El Eden next year, but will now throw Rio Cuale into the equation (I'm suprised I didn't hear about it while we were there last month). Which of the 2 would be more appropriate for kids? Next year, we will have DDs with us (they will be 13 & 10).

Cool....more choices. Options are GOOD! We were going to try El Eden next year, but will now throw Rio Cuale into the equation (I'm suprised I didn't hear about it while we were there last month). Which of the 2 would be more appropriate for kids? Next year, we will have DDs with us (they will be 13 & 10).

It only started about last month - takes a little while to get the word out. They don't have all the advertising and deals with tour brokers on the street in place like the more established tours do.

I haven't actually done the Rio Cuale yet, but I'm sure either would be fine for kids of that age. El Eden does have the swimming hole and restaurant on site, though. I did El Eden with a 7 year old who said "this is super fun!" by the end of the tour, after being a little afraid on the first line because he wasn't sure how to brake.

It only started about last month - takes a little while to get the word out. They don't have all the advertising and deals with tour brokers on the street in place like the more established tours do.

I haven't actually done the Rio Cuale yet, but I'm sure either would be fine for kids of that age. El Eden does have the swimming hole and restaurant on site, though. I did El Eden with a 7 year old who said "this is super fun!" by the end of the tour, after being a little afraid on the first line because he wasn't sure how to brake.

Thanks for the quick response. I will be interested to see how the reviews on Rio Cuale come in over time. I discovered your website and company after I had already booked our tours for our last trip, but I will probably give you a call next year. We will probably return to the Buganvilias next June again. It is hot and humid, but no one is there. It was only about 60% occupied:D . Plus we always got the best tables at every restaurant. We will also be returning on the Royal Caribbean Vision over Thanksgiving week in 2007. WE LOVE PV!!! :D

Archived