Barcelona tour guide

Just returned three weeks ago. Do it on your own. Walk the length of Las Ramblas from the statue of Colombus to Placa Catalunya. Take the Tourist Bus which you can get at the Placa......red and /or blue lines.The red or north route was more interesting. Read Rick Steve's Spain Guide and you will be fine. No guide necessary.

Marty

The city is very easy to navigate on you rown. THere is the Tourist Bus -- flat rate for one or two days, hop on/hop off as you will. This goes to most of the major tourist places. The metro system is easy to use if you want a direct routing.

I would suggest a tour guide only if you have a special interst -- architecture (spelling) most particularly.

If you are in town on a non-Monday, there are several excellent museums. Miro (excellent), Picasso (most early workds), the City's own history museum is excellent.

Paul

Whether or not you do Barcelona on your own depends on your mobility & time. We were there in Sept for only 1 day - one of our ports of call - on our cruise. As we had some members in our group who were over 80 and as we wanted to see as much as possible in our short tiem I hired a tour guide with bus to show us the city.

We had a wonderful day which was packed full. On our own we would not have seen nearly as much nor learned as much about the city. Plus licensed tour guides in Barcelona get to skip the entance lines at various attractions.

If you want the name of the company I used e-mail me ann at century 21 vancouver dot com.

Archived