Swollen Feet

nomoreknothead

Does anyone else have trouble with swollen feet while on a cruise? I have never had a problem until this last cruise in Nov. ! I don't know if it was more alcohol this trip or if it was climbing Dunn's River Falls!!!!!! I'm just curious if any of you have a remedy for this if (hope it doesn't!) it happen on my next cruise in a few days. TIA!

ps. I will not be doing the falls this trip and I will drink more water to counter act any alcohol consumption;) .

Wraithe - Thanks alot for the link to the other post! I too thought I was crazy! I guess I will be bringing some bottled water onboard with me this trip. I hate to do that but the ships bottled water is too expensive!

I will also carry my OTC diuretics! Eat those bananas and see this trip!

Wraithe - Thanks alot for the link to the other post! I too thought I was crazy! I guess I will be bringing some bottled water onboard with me this trip. I hate to do that but the ships bottled water is too expensive!

I will also carry my OTC diuretics! Eat those bananas and see this trip!

LOL, FWIW, it isn't the water on the ship, it's the salt in the food and change in your diet, including alcohol. If you think the salt in the food is an issue for you, ask for a low sodium diet, maybe that would help. Enjoy cruising, I do!!!!

My feet swell the minute I board an airplane. Since we have to fly to port that means I start out with fat feet. The best solution for me seems to be sleeping with them elevated. Then I get to fly home and start all over again reducing the swelling.

I don't remember my feet swelling on my last cruises, but they definately were swollen I was in San Antonio TX, and down in mexico. When we were in the Riviera Maya, we were right on the ocean. But we drove an RV down to San Antonio. I thought it might be from the humidity. But we have fairly high humidity here in Minnesota during the summer. Maybe I just "Swell up" from all the excitement of a trip!!!

Here's a method I've used for years to combat jetlag and the effects of having your legs down for long periods of time which causes the feet and ankles to swell. As soon as possible after arrival in your hotel, etc., lie on either the floor or the bed and put your legs up along the wall or headboard. Depending on your agility, try to get the legs up as straight as possible. Stay this way as long as possible...at least 15 minutes...this reverses the consequences of having your legs down for hours. It's very refreshing. A lot of pilots and FA's do this after a long flight.

No more,

What was your salt intake like? Did you eat a lot of foods rich in salt?

I salt nothing extra! I do eat from the regular menu which I'm sure has way more salt than I'm use to having. Plus I drink more than I'm use to drinking! I'm going to try to get my DR. to prescribe a mild diuretic for the trip and also drink more bottled water and see if it helps this trip!

Archived