Golf in Cozumel or Progresso?????

First time cruiser here. Hubby LOVES golf, so I am encouraging him to do one or both of the golf excursions on our Carnival Cruise June 30th. (He doesn't like any of the beach type activites like the kids and I.)

Let me know if you think the Cozumel or the Progresso one is better. We stop in Cozumel on the 3rd day and Progresso on the 4th.

Thanks!

Janet

• 3 months later...

Okay. From personal experience, we can say, NEVER try to play golf in progresso. It was such a rip-off and a terrible waste of time.

To make a LONG story short, the golf pro was the first one to file an official complaint when we got back on the ship. All of the other people on the excursion filed complaints also.

The last we heard, Carnival is supposed to be taking that course off their golf excursions.

Thanks for the warning. We're going on RCI, but I had thought about booking the same course independently that Carnival offers. I appreciate the heads up, especially since there isn't much review here on the boards when it comes to golf excursions.

I read in your review that you went to the Reef Resort without having to buy the excursion. How much was it? Did you just take a taxi and pay at the door? Please give more information, I will be there in December with my kids.

Thanks!

My son (13) and I paid $45 each, but they only charged my 11 yr. old daughter $35. They placed a purple wrist band on each of us. On Carnival's website, it says the same trip is $50 - $99.

There are several options when purchasing a Reef Resort trip. You can include horseback riding or a few other things, but we chose to spend all of our time at the Resort, so that's the ticket we bought.

It's about a 30 min ride on a large, airconditioned charter-type bus.

The Carnival shuttle dropped us off right behind the double decker bus which was right next to the market where we bought our tickets. It was all very easy. Here are a few pictures.

Cruise_1088.jpg?t=1185105668

Cruise_1112.jpg?t=1185105750

Cruise_1096.jpg?t=1185105814

Have Fun!

Thanks for the pictures! It loos like a lot of fun. There is a beach there also is that correct? So we just take the carnival shuttle to where? and then buy the tickets somewhere else. I'm sorry maybe I'm making it way too difficult.

Yes, the beach is right behind that bridge that is showing in the swimming pool picture.

The carnival shuttle takes you to right beside that market, and that's where you buy the tickets and get on the charter bus.

:-)

Archived