Mini Rhino 4X4 Safari & Beach tour

WiggleBay

we just got back and although we didnt do this excursion we did see those who were doing it when we were on our tour.

we had a break at the beach at the same time as them. They were having a blast!!! Quite dusty to look at them and we saw them zipping along as we were on our dune buggy bus.

If your alittle adventurious I think you will have a blast!!!!

I would love to do this next time we go,

mom x4,grandma x4

We did the mini-rhino. I have mixed feelings about it...the first stop in the fishing village, nothing to get excited about..They did have a restroom across the street that was very clean but I had to tip this little girl for toilet paper...then there was no toilet seat...Very POOR little town. Then we finished our drive...it was long! the roads are sandy, i had on sunglasses and my eyes were full of sand...take a bottle of tears with you if you go...

we got to the beach area and had our snack that was included...chips with cheese sauce...not good. sat on the beach...not pretty like i had been told. back on the rhino and back to town.

It was my DH and twin boys age 12.

It was good for the kids to see how other people live..no malls,no mcdonalds, no sports complex,etc...

but for the price for four of us next time I would pass.

The rhino is just like it looks in the pics...they go up to 40 mph. At times I felt it would have been nice to slow down a bit...they were going to fast for me. We are very experienced 4x4 driving but on the curves and sandy roads it was too fast for me

So as you can tell it's hard for me to suggest do it or dont....

would I do it again, NO there really was that much to see....

driving/riding the rhino its self was fun but not for the price...

costa maya is what cozumel was 30 years it what the tour guy told us...

good luck..hope this helps...

• 1 month later...

We did the 4X4 Jeep excursion. Although we did a similar one last year in Cozumel and had a blast, this one did not meet our expectations. The drive was a long, long drive down a paved street through boring landscape. We finally ended up on a track of a bumpy dirt road that led to the beach. Although the description says you will take in views of the Carribean that few get to see, we only saw the ocean when we arrived at our beach (Pelicanos beach) The beach was very small, 3 hammocks to share and a pitiful lunch of beef or chicken tacos. We only waded in the water. It was not very inviting-especially after having been at Tabyana and Cozumel. There was little time at the beach--less than 45 minutes!! This excursion was not worth the money!! Live and learn!

If anyone has recommendations for a great location in Costa Maya, I would love to know for future trips.

Archived