Bed Bugs?

psychoidiot

I recently was on the Carinval Imagination (7/26/07), where it was okay for a cruise experience, I found out that now I have a bed bug infestation in my bedroom. My cousin, who was living in the same room, also has them plus the many bites. The cleanliness didn't really bother me while I was on the ship( okay sometimes, when the waiter tells you the napkin isn't dirty but stained, makes you wonder about other things). I haven't called Carnival yet, but I'm guessing nothing will come out of it.

Has anyone encountered any bed bugs on their cruises? Or maybe I'm just overly sensitive and there are other places where my cousin and I could have attracted and brought them back into our homes?

I recently was on the Carinval Imagination (7/26/07), where it was okay for a cruise experience, I found out that now I have a bed bug infestation in my bedroom. My cousin, who was living in the same room, also has them plus the many bites. The cleanliness didn't really bother me while I was on the ship( okay sometimes, when the waiter tells you the napkin isn't dirty but stained, makes you wonder about other things). I haven't called Carnival yet, but I'm guessing nothing will come out of it.

Has anyone encountered any bed bugs on their cruises? Or maybe I'm just overly sensitive and there are other places where my cousin and I could have attracted and brought them back into our homes?

OH NO!!! Five days before my own cruise I read this. I sympathize with you. I hear they are hard to get rid of, please contact a professional exterminator ASAP. I believe you very well could've gotten them from your cabin or someone else's if you were in other peoples cabin. I will definitely make sure to check for them in my room. :(

This was mentioned in another thread a few days ago.

Yes it has happened. Yes, my DS got bedbugs from our last cruise. This was a 7 nighter so he had them on the ship - not at home thank goodness. He DID get them on the cruise. No airplane no hotel.

THey are everywhere and you never really know. Its not a clean issue. Any passenger can pick them up, bring them on the ship and they just settle in.

Our friends received lots of bites the first night or two of our cruise. They complained and they came and really cleaned the room and mattress, etc. They gave them a letter saying they did not find anything but they also did not get anymore bites. Makes one wonder.:eek:

That is just gross. Is there anything you can spray before you sleep in a cabin?

If there is, someone please let us know.:confused: We cruise in 12 days and do not want to be itching for 7 days because of bed bugs... Nasty nasty nasty.:(

I think many of the bed bug reports are really sand fleas infestation on an island's beach.

WEll, I can tell you first hand that in MY CASE, it was bedbuggs.

Not sand fleas!

To add to that point: My son had not even been on a beach when this happened.

The imagination is headed to dry dock this fall to be totally renovated. new bedding, etc.

It is a shame you encountered bed bugs on your cruise. Did you complain to Carnival about it? Maybe they can do something to help.

As for the napkin, that is awful. We have never encountered an experience like that.

Did you stay in a cheap motel while on vacation?

Did you stay in a cheap motel while on vacation?

Why is that relevant? Don't get it twisted, the 5-star ritzy hotels have bedbugs too. If you read the article it says most of their clientele are hotels and rental cabins. I also saw a special on Dateline I believe and they found bedbugs in some of NY's most expensive 4 & 5-star hotels.

Yeah- you can pick bed bugs up anywhere. When my husband was an RA in college, they had a big infestation problem. They would move the affected residents to a different dorm so they could clean everything, but the bugs would move with them- they like to hide in dark places like the bindings of books. Hmmm-- not to many of those in a college dorm. lol!!

Anyway- its not a matter of clean or dirty. They can come in from anywhere and they take a lot of work to get rid of. Nothing the cruise line can do about the fact that they may be brought on by another pax. All you can do is fight the infestation.

Archived