Scooters on St. John

luvmykidz

For our day on St. John we were planning on renting scooters, touring island, spending some time snorkeling on trunk bay, and shopping. I read an opinion on another board that mentioned that scooters were far too dangerous to ride on the roads there. Has anyone done this and if so what was your experience or what have you heard? Would a jeep make more sense? I did scooters in Kona, Hawaii and had a fabulous time!

You confirmed what I read on another site. Another question, do they rent jeeps in St. Johns for 1 day? I thought I read on another post on this board that they do not rent them for 1 day. Another person had mentioned that they rented them from St. Thomas and brought it over on the ferry. Can anyone explain the logistics of this to me a little more? Thanks for your expertise!

Yes you can rent jeeps on St John for one day ...subject to availability........If you are only in St Thomas/St John for one day on a ship....then it makes more sense to rent the jeep in st john....The car ferries take longer and their schedules are not written in stone.....The people ferries are usually always on time........ they leave every hour on the hour each way. from red hook in st thomas and cruz bay in st john.

I am sure with a web search you could rent a jeep in advance for st john.

:) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived