Noumea Explorer bus time table

gizzigoo

The Noumea Explorer is a hop on hop off bus that you can use for the day in Noumea. I have been asked to write up the time table in the hopes that it may be helpful to some going there on a cruise. This time table is correct now as I have the latest one, but I can't imagine that there would ever be much change if they were to alter it.

Noumea_Explorer.jpg

Tickets for the whole day are 1000 French Pacific Francs and 500 francs for children, under 2 free.

Le Meridien 9:00, 10:00, 11:15. 12:30, 13:45, 15:00, 16:15

Palm Beach - Anse Vata 9:03, 10:03, 11:18, 12:33, 13:48, 15:05, 16:18

Le Rocher a la Voile, arret d'autobus - Rock on the sail, Bus Stop

9:05, 10:05, 11:20, 12.35, 13:50, 15:05, 16:20

Complexe Baie Des Citrons- Lemon Bay Complex

9:07, 10:07, 11:22, 12:37, 13:52, 15:07, 16:22

Baie de la Moselle-Musee de N.C-Moselle Bay-Museum of N.C- Market

9:06, 10:16, 11:31, 12:46, 14:01, 15:16, 16:31

Musee de la Ville - Centre ville -Place des Coctiers. Town Museum - Town Centre-Coconut Square

9:25, 10:25, 11:40, 12:55, 14:10, 15:25, 16:40

Musee Maritime - Maison des Artisans -Nouville. Maritime Museum - Handicraft Market- Nouville.

10:34, 11:49, 13:04, 14:19: 15:34, 16:49

Parc Forestier et Botanique - Zoo and Botanical Garden

10:45, 12.00 13:15, 14:30, 15:45, 17:00

Centre Cultural Tijibaou. Tjibaou Cultural Centre

9:40, 10:55, 12:10, 13:25, 14:40, 15:55 17:10

The hard copy of the time table is available through New Caledonia tourisim.

Call and ask for this, the time table for La Petite train and probably a copy of Bon Appetit.

They can also supply you with maps and brochures on the islands in the new Caledonia region 02 9360 3933

Website.newcaledonia.com.au

Wow! Thanks for that Glenda. It'll be really useful in 3 weeks time! :D:D:D

Two dumb questions I just thought of - Which of those stops is closest to the wharf, and do you purchase the tickets when you first board the bus or from somewhere else?

Two dumb questions I just thought of - Which of those stops is closest to the wharf, and do you purchase the tickets when you first board the bus or from somewhere else?

Hi Jo,

Not dumb at all, really good questions.

I have written too them to see if I can get an absolute answer. But as far as I am aware you can buy the tickets on the bus.

There are a couple of stops close to the terminal and I will have a map with me on the ship, so we can all go over it. The terminal is in Baie de la Moselle.As soon as I have received an answer from the Noumea Explorer people I will post it here.

Glenda

Hi Jo,

As promised the the answers to your questions directly from the Noumea Explorer people.

Do people purchase their ticket direct from the driver of the bus, or do they purchase it at the cruise terminal when they arrive in Noumea.

I can confirm that people can purchase their ticket directly from the bus driver. We don’t have any place at the terminal cruise to buy them.

On the days that the ships arrive do your buses still do the same journey or are they booked out by the ship.

Yes, the Nouméa Explorer does the same journey as usual. Clients can hop on the Nouméa Explorer at the city museum (5 minutes walk from the terminal).

Is it possible for people to come off the ship and wait till the Noumea Explorer arrives and just jump on for a tour.

Yes, on the condition that clients wait at one of the stop of the Nouméa Explorer! Once in the bus, you can do the whole tour of Nouméa staying in the bus. Ticket is valid throughout the day!

We also propose clients to make a private tour named “Orientation tour”

If anyone would like the proposed tour details, I have a PDF and am happy to forward it to them.

I also have a scaned copy of the time table and the brochure, if anyone would like this let me know and I will email it to you.

Hi Jo,

As promised the the answers to your questions directly from the Noumea Explorer people.

Do people purchase their ticket direct from the driver of the bus, or do they purchase it at the cruise terminal when they arrive in Noumea.

I can confirm that people can purchase their ticket directly from the bus driver. We don’t have any place at the terminal cruise to buy them.

On the days that the ships arrive do your buses still do the same journey or are they booked out by the ship.

Yes, the Nouméa Explorer does the same journey as usual. Clients can hop on the Nouméa Explorer at the city museum (5 minutes walk from the terminal).

Is it possible for people to come off the ship and wait till the Noumea Explorer arrives and just jump on for a tour.

Yes, on the condition that clients wait at one of the stop of the Nouméa Explorer! Once in the bus, you can do the whole tour of Nouméa staying in the bus. Ticket is valid throughout the day!

If anyone would like the proposed tour details, I have a PDF and am happy to forward it to them.

I also have a scaned copy of the time table and the brochure, if anyone would like this let me know and I will email it to you.

Thanks for this Glenda. This is great! :D:D

I'd really like the details of the "Orientation Tour" and also the time table and brochure. My email is jkgc at optusnet.com.au

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bob,

Glenda who posted this information is in Noumea today on the Pacific Dawn. I think the info about Noumea is on this thread. If you want any more, Glenda will be home on 10th August.

Evon.

Hi Bob,

Glenda who posted this information is in Noumea today on the Pacific Dawn. I think the info about Noumea is on this thread. If you want any more, Glenda will be home on 10th August.

Evon.

Hi Evon,

Thanks for your quick response. What a pity for us, lucky for her though, that she is in Noumea today. We have been trying to find details of those two person little buggy-type cars that are outside the port terminal. We have missed out on hiring one each time we have been to Noumea. Last time we got a broucher, but do you think we can find it now, no!!! So we had decided to get this Explorer Bus. I will contact the NC Tourist Bureau in Sydney for more details. Hoping she is having a terrific time...we are jealous...October seems so far away!

Cheers, Bob

Hi Bob,

I have seen the little buggy cars parked near the terminal. Someone else on this forum hired one. I think they paid over $60. This is just from memory. We will be in Noumea in October. We plan to walk to the markets (they close at 11am) then get the Explorer Bus to the Aquarium, zoo/gardens and Tjibaou Cultural Centre. I don't know if the markets are much different from the ones in Vila - probably a bit more classy and upmarket, but that probably means "less colourful".:):)

Hi Bob,

. I don't know if the markets are much different from the ones in Vila - probably a bit more classy and upmarket, but that probably means "less colourful".:):)

Hi Ela 2 - The Markets are less rural than Vila but the French touch more than made up for it. Different but still worth a look. Brekky of bowl of coffee with baguette and then to the patisserie for an early morn tea. Lots of fresh colourful fish, chicken and local produce. Also stalls with trinkets and souvenirs. The Bob Marley bats were a hoot.(soft toy fruit bats dressed in Marley hat and shirt) Nothing is cheap in Noumea but food seems safe to eat. (I've been there for a couple of weeks without problems) Have a great trip, Graham

the markets will be our first port of call... last time we went, they sold small square blocks of soap, deliciously scented and wrapped... I bought half a dozen of the frangipani ones and hoarded them and gave some away, so I am going to stock up big on them in October.

And just to walk around and smell the flowers they have for sale, different types of frangipanis, gardenias, etc was lovely.

Thanks for the tip on the bus, we will use it this time to get around

• 5 years later...
Hi Jo,

Hello Glenda,

I am Seenixe from Germany and we will be in Nouméa in September.

Your information about the time table perhaps is not actual. Could you send it nevertheless to me? (heidrun.licht@t-online.de) Do you have the web-site of the Explorer Bus to ask them about new time table and prices?

Best regards

Seenixe

• 1 month later...

Seenixie - the hop on/hop off Noumea bus is well worth using. Once your down on the main drag of Anse Vate Beach (good spot for a swim & coffee later) - later the bus goes around to all the "main attractions" ie. the museum, cruise ship terminal, the shops, etc.

The bus driver has a leaflet of where the bus goes, and where the bus stops are nearby each attraction.