EARLY arrival in Maui!

mingo

My group has a sunrise bike trip scheduled in Maui. To make the van pickup they will have to be on the 1am tender and available for the 2:30 van pickup. Any suggestions on what they can do while waiting for the van (other than sleep on the streets!) The van is picking them up at the Pioneer Hotel. Any 24hr coffee shops in the area??

I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you that the bicycling is great! It was the best thing that we did on our trip. Unfortunately our ship didn't get there early enough for a sunrise bike - I am sure that would make it even better. You'll love this excursion.

mingo: We just returned from our 9/26/04 Hawaii cruise and did the sunrise bike tour. ;) While this will not help with the early morning pickup, can tell you from experience that this trip is well worth it. Dress warm, it is cold until the sun rises! :(

As for answering your question, we were NOT able to find anything to do (I assume you are being picked up in Lahaina). This town 'closes down' and even the crew couldn't find anything going on! What you may find is that there are more people than your group waiting (I believe 3 bike companies pickup at this location), but if you want something to drink, eat, etc, bring it with you as NOTHING is open (including restrooms). :(

Bruce

Archived