Passport stamps...yes you can get them!

misskat

I just got back from sailing on the Carnival Valor yesterday. I have seen on here before about people inquiring about getting their passports stamped. I am pleased to report that my husband and I were four-for-four on getting stamps in the Cayman Islands, Roatan, Belize, and Cozumel. Here's how we did it:

Cayman Islands: Ask the security guys on the pier. They have a little trailer with an office that does stamping. It's a large stamp with a cute turtle.

Isla Roatan: When walking around the shopping area, look for a table where they do stamps. You get a tiny little stamp welcoming you to Honduras.

Belize: Ask a security guard to direct you to the nearest office for a stamp. I know of at least two offices in the terminals that have stamps. It's a large stamp welcoming you to Belize City.

Cozumel: This one takes a little more work. Ask one of the taxi drivers to take you to the immigration office; it is a few blocks away from the downtown shopping areas. Our driver stopped on the way to the shops without charging extra fare. The passport stamp here is huge and very cool looking.

I can't guarantee that any other ports will do it, and the customs agent in Miami refused to do it (oh well), but each of these took about 15 minutes and were well worth it to those who like having something to show from your journeys in your passports. :)

I've heard of a few other folks who have done that, too. On the other hand, I have heard of a few pursers who refuse to do it (dunno why). I spent a semester abroad in Europe a few years back and had it drilled into my head to keep my passport on my body all the time, so I get paranoid leaving it with others. Either way, it rocks having stamps. :)

...I have heard of a few pursers who refuse to do it (dunno why).

If you travel abroad a lot, you don't want unnecessary stamps. It just means you have to get a new passport (or more pages added to your passport) sooner.

Archived