Packing list for 2yr old

ppwlee

Hi,

First time cruiser here. Just looking for some advise on what are some suggested items to pack for a 2yr old (besides the obvious that we need on the road).

My wife are I are going to LA in 3 wks on a repos. cruise with our 2yr old daughter. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Peter

basically, you will be packing everything. While the ship's store does have a few things, they are very expensive and there's not a lot there. You will pack all medications, food, clothes, diapers, toys, soaps etc.. a light weight stroller. perhaps a blow up pool for bathing/playing. at least two sippy cups. I know there's more. I'm sure someone else can help outl :D I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

I disagree that you need to pack food, cruise ships have EVERYTHING you could possibly need. Why schlep anything more than you have to.

Bring extra wipes,sunscreen, hat, a few small favorite toys along with a couple of new ones. Maybe a coloring book or something small for taking to dinner to keep the LO busy, a couple of sippy cups.

If possible, I would try to potty train your daughter if she isn't already so that she can enjoy the pools, a lifevest has to be provided by the cruiseline (it's the law) so I wouldn't bother bringing that unless it would make you feel better... you may have to ask for it, but you will get one.

I would also suggest bringing a little warmer pj's, as well as a couple of lightweight sweaters for the evenings as it can be quite chilly on the ship especially at night.

Medicine is always part of a packing list IMHO.:D

Have a wonderful trip. Come back and tell us how it went!

Archived