Barbados Bus Schedule - Need help

sarah000

Looking to take the bus from Bridgetown (Fairchild Terminal) to St. Lawrence Gap to eat at the Flying Fish for lunch...

http://www.transportboard.com/schedule.php - running time 90 minutes?

From the map it only looks to be less than 10 miles away. Does it take 90 min to get there or does that mean that same bus won't be back to Fairchild for 90 min?

Looking to take the bus from Bridgetown (Fairchild Terminal) to St. Lawrence Gap to eat at the Flying Fish for lunch...

http://www.transportboard.com/schedule.php - running time 90 minutes?

From the map it only looks to be less than 10 miles away. Does it take 90 min to get there or does that mean that same bus won't be back to Fairchild for 90 min?

The running time is the time for the entire route going out to Sam Lords Castle (route 12A). Don't forget that you can also take a Fairy Valley (route 12F) bus as well. On the way back make sure that you don't board the Speightstown (route 27) bus . . . it is a "by pass" bus that does not go through downtown Bridgetown.

• 2 months later...
Which bus route would take you to Payne's Bay? I looked but Payne's Bay was not an option.

The Transport Board does not have a good website compared to other public transportation systems. I work in the public transportation business, and have completed several projects related to the effective design of bus maps and schedules. I wish the Transport Board would spend some effort here . . . preferably hiring the company with which I work on these projects, though most any of our competitors could improve their maps and schedules as well.

The information you want is there but difficult to find. From its homepage select "Bus Schedule Times & Routes." Then search for "Paynes Bay" (no apostrophe).

The actual answer to your question is to board a bus heading towards Speightstown at the Princess Alice Terminal, located just a short walking distance from the cruise ship terminal.

Archived